markhollin

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

^^The way they left the northern side, I'm guessing they could still add the 2nd tower in the future if they have success with the other tower and if the parking lot guy ever decides to sell to them.

It's a super premium spot nestled among 4 Seasons and Pinnacle and directly on the river. A tall skinny would be nice there.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rolly said:

It's a super premium spot nestled among 4 Seasons and Pinnacle and directly on the river. A tall skinny would be nice there.

I'm actually talking about a tower that's exactly like the other tower.  Just build up to the current level in that parking lot...and then keep going on that northern side.  I'm pretty sure that if they could get the parking lot, they would be ready to build tower 2 just like tower 1.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2020 at 5:55 PM, titanhog said:

I'm actually talking about a tower that's exactly like the other tower.  Just build up to the current level in that parking lot...and then keep going on that northern side.  I'm pretty sure that if they could get the parking lot, they would be ready to build tower 2 just like tower 1.

This is an intriguing idea.  Makes me wonder if they don't already have it, or maybe a right of first refusal.  It would not have been wise to build without at least trying to get the right to buy it.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 10:27 AM, Bark At The Sun said:

4seasons61.jpg

This image highlights why I have been so impressed with the Embassy Suites / One Hotel doing all their hotel rooms with concrete walls. The Four Seasons is one of the premiere hotel/condo names in the world and they don't even go as far as the Embassy Suites project. The sound transmission through concrete is going to be really impressive. This project could also be making use of really good insulation between sleeping units as well, so it will still be impressive. But it still leaves me impressed.

On 8/30/2020 at 8:05 AM, titanhog said:

^^The way they left the northern side, I'm guessing they could still add the 2nd tower in the future if they have success with the other tower and if the parking lot guy ever decides to sell to them.

I tend to doubt this. If the Four Seasons was planning to have more space, they probably would've gone for it on the first go. That being said, I am wondering if the city has a protective buffer around the pedestrian bridge due tot he historic nature. Looking at how Pinnacle was constructed with what appears to be a service alley up against the bridge, I am wondering if new construction can only go so high without a stepback from the bridge. I personally have not worked on projects around the bridge, but from a protection standpoint it would not shock me. It appears the portion of this project that is closest to the Bridge is the same height as the now demolished Trail West building. If this is the case, I wonder what that does to the value of the parking lot holdout as that lot probably gets harder to sell.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

I tend to doubt this. If the Four Seasons was planning to have more space, they probably would've gone for it on the first go. That being said, I am wondering if the city has a protective buffer around the pedestrian bridge due tot he historic nature. Looking at how Pinnacle was constructed with what appears to be a service alley up against the bridge, I am wondering if new construction can only go so high without a stepback from the bridge. I personally have not worked on projects around the bridge, but from a protection standpoint it would not shock me. It appears the portion of this project that is closest to the Bridge is the same height as the now demolished Trail West building. If this is the case, I wonder what that does to the value of the parking lot holdout as that lot probably gets harder to sell.

Well...they had already been approved by the city for the 2nd tower and had a purchase agreement with the owner of the parking lot.  However...the guys at Bass, Berry and Sims threw a wrench in the works by complaining they'd no longer be able to see the river from Pinnacle...and suddenly, the lot owner pulled the sale of the lot.  Four Seasons' developers fought it in court...but in the end, they decided to build only the 1 tower.

Since they've left the northern side looking similar to where the southern tower is being built...I'd say they're at least not crossing it all the way off their list.

57484e1cdbf79_2ndAve.Partners1March2016.thumb.jpeg.f6796572acfed5177c96510b373bd5c3.jpeg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, titanhog said:

Well...they had already been approved by the city for the 2nd tower and had a purchase agreement with the owner of the parking lot.  However...the guys at Bass, Berry and Sims threw a wrench in the works by complaining they'd no longer be able to see the river from Pinnacle...and suddenly, the lot owner pulled the sale of the lot.  Four Seasons' developers fought it in court...but in the end, they decided to build only the 1 tower.

Since they've left the northern side looking similar to where the southern tower is being built...I'd say they're at least not crossing it all the way off their list.

57484e1cdbf79_2ndAve.Partners1March2016.thumb.jpeg.f6796572acfed5177c96510b373bd5c3.jpeg

As you noted despite Bass Berry, they had all the entitlements. My understanding is when it came time to green light there was an insane amount of multifamily going forward in Nashville and that was making investors nervous and they were ready to move forward, so they dumped it also knowing taking away multifamily also added attractiveness to the private residences.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As I remember it we had a first design for two towers which included the small parking lot.  The lot owner started playing hardball while Bass Berry was putting up a fuss as well, then the developer released a second design with two towers still but didn't include the small parking lot.  If I remember right both towers gained a few stories as well due to the smaller footprint.  Later a third and final design came with the north tower removed and the pedestal keeping the same footprint for both towers and without the small parking lot.  All that to say is if they were to come back and build the north tower I don't think they'll need the small parking lot, the question is if they built the pedestal in that location strong enough to add about 35 stories on top of it.   I could be off on all that though but I don't think so.

Edited by L'burgnative
  • Like 1