markhollin

On 6/20/2021 at 10:32 AM, rolly said:

The BOA tower ('the 222 building') looks great next to this 40 story project. That contrast in height helps each building look that much more impressive. 

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder.  I agree with this point for another reason.  I like that the surrounding buildings make 222 more obscure.  Hoping BofA follows the lead of Pinnacle.  Let the games begin!

• Like 2

Forgive me if this has already been addressed here. But, it seems like the glass installation for the top floors is taking forever....and still hasn't happened. Does anyone know why? I'm guessing issues with fabricating the larger panels or design issues, or both...

• Like 1

Walking on the pedestrian bridge this morning I noticed that Four Seasons has built a concrete walkway from the building to the bridge.  No handrails are on this yet and the entrance into the building looks small with a concrete column and water drainage pipe partially in the way.  On the bridge is a wooden shack of sorts that is locked up.  I'm not sure I've seen pics of this on the thread.  Any ideas as to what is going on here?

10 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

Walking on the pedestrian bridge this morning I noticed that Four Seasons has built a concrete walkway from the building to the bridge.  No handrails are on this yet and the entrance into the building looks small with a concrete column and water drainage pipe partially in the way.  On the bridge is a wooden shack of sorts that is locked up.  I'm not sure I've seen pics of this on the thread.  Any ideas as to what is going on here?

I would need to see a picture.

56 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

Smeags will likely be a better source for the answer.  Having said that, I seem to recall seeing a render waaaay back that showed an off-shoot of sorts from the pedestrian bridge directly to the Four Seasons.  Not sure though.  Will await your photo and the opinion of Smeags and others.

Edited by nashville born
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nashville born said:

Smeags will likely be a better source for the answer.  Having said that, I seem to recall seeing a render waaaay back that showed an off-shoot of sorts from the pedestrian bridge directly to the Four Seasons.  Not sure though.  Will await your photo and the opinion of Smeags and others.

I think it connects to a stairwell that takes you straight down (which would be by the restaurant entrance). Bonus points from the city for engaging the bridge and creating another access point.

4 hours ago, Flatrock said:

Forgive me if this has already been addressed here. But, it seems like the glass installation for the top floors is taking forever....and still hasn't happened. Does anyone know why? I'm guessing issues with fabricating the larger panels or design issues, or both...

Well what looks like the top two floors is mechanical and 1) they are probably still lifting stuff up there and 2) it has a different cladding based on the renderings. 

The floor under that is the Grand Penthouse, don't know what delay would be, but would expect that to be a taller floor with different size glass from rest of floors.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

That has been there for over a year.  It will be the entrance to a restaurant/bar right off of the pedestrian bridge. 

Well, of course, Mark knows the answer.

I'll take some pics of the wooden structure on the bridge and the details of the interior of the building, if possible.

5 hours ago, Flatrock said:

Wasn’t it mentioned a few months ago that the top of the building would have LED light bars? Maybe installing those combined with integrating that with the specialty shaped glass panels has caused the delay. Your guess is as good as mine though. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, UrbanWes03 said:

Wasn’t it mentioned a few months ago that the top of the building would have LED light bars? Maybe installing those combined with integrating that with the specialty shaped glass panels has caused the delay. Your guess is as good as mine though. 

The LED light bars are part of the construction plans, so we should see them assuming they aren’t VE out. 

• Like 3