markhollin

1 hour ago, japan said:

Hard to believe that such an uninspiring restaurant as Rutledge, judging by the one in Cool Springs, got to be the restaurant in the Four Seasons.

Agreed on this.  The Cools Springs location is very run of the mill, suburban fare.  The origin story where someone from the Four Seasons developer team ate in Cool Springs and thought it was a great fit for Four Seasons is kinda strange.   Hopefully they have it in them to up their game.  Do agree that the interior is certainly better than Hall's, albeit a design that could age a bit ungracefully.....

14 minutes ago, natethegreat said:

Is there any chance of the parking lot between Embassy and Bridgestone being developed? Seems underutilized 

I knew of plans for that site at one time before the pandemic and those may still be in place, and I have to mum on those plans unless I hear something different.

I just checked the new Four Seasons in Boston and their basic room starts at $882 per night going up to over $7,000 per night for a suite. And that is in a city where there are two Four Seasons and many many more hotel rooms. 

It shows that as our city grows up, costs are also going to grow up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/29/2022 at 3:17 PM, FluffyP13 said:

The Rutledge is garbage and the buildout looks like a suburban restaurant trying really hard to be cool and trendy 

IMO all your taste must be in your mouth.  As an architect, I think the Rutledge interiors are exceptionally beautiful and sophisticated as I would expect from a Four Seasons.  The blue lighting at the bar is stunning and very much more appealing than the dull and trashy Hall's Chophouse interiors  at  Broadwest.  Both are too pricey though for me to want to try, as I cook a lot of filet at home for a fraction of the cost  so I can't say anything about the food.  I trained in Cordon bleu in New York decades ago, so I really have to find a world class chef at a restaurant to be impressed.  Nashville has several though.  I really want to go to the catbird Seat for instance.

Edited by Baronakim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/29/2022 at 11:48 AM, Melrose said:

Agreed on this.  The Cools Springs location is very run of the mill, suburban fare.  The origin story where someone from the Four Seasons developer team ate in Cool Springs and thought it was a great fit for Four Seasons is kinda strange.   Hopefully they have it in them to up their game.  Do agree that the interior is certainly better than Hall's, albeit a design that could age a bit ungracefully.....

I guess this may help explain why the Rutledge was picked as a restaurant?

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/06/29/four-seasons-sale-restaurant-space.html