markhollin

Second Ave. Partners, 40 story condo (540 ft.) 5 star hotel (190 ft.) 9,500 sq. ft. of retail, $350 million

Recommended Posts

I will have to work up the list tomorrow. 

I do know the number from 10 stories up that are under construction or proposed are around 60 buildings.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


5 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I will have to work up the list tomorrow. 

I do know the number from 10 stories up that are under construction or proposed are around 60 buildings.

Wow. That's truly insane.

 

Thanks a lot for the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Dale said:

I'm beginning to think that damn near everything's going to get built.

 

Nashville is premium real estate so unless it's really financially unfeasible, most developers will not abandon their developments.

The only non-tourist developments that have been cancelled as far as I can remember are: The Crescendo, The Crescent, and The Buckingham.

The tourism announcements should be taken with a grain of salt since none of them come to fruition.

The Skyspire and Polarcoaster towers.

The Disney resort tower.

The House of Blues tower.

The August Moon dome.

The resort in South Nashville.

 

Edited by Ingram
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ingram said:

 

The tourism announcements should be taken with a grain of salt since none of them come to fruition.

The resort in South Nashville.

 

The Brian Paul Hotel/Resort is still happening. I just spoke with some of those guys a couple weeks ago. Fender just signed on as a sponsor to supply guitars to all of their writing rooms and recording studios. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Buckingham project has not officially been cancelled. they still own the land ad this one could be resurrected quickly IMO. Polar Coaster not officially dead and neither is August Moon. The later is moving forward at a snails pace. There is also the indoor skydiving place proposed off of Jefferson too.

The HGI project is actually the HRI group out of NOLA and I think it is 24 as I thought is was 20. read here. https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21024679/tower-eyed-for-downtown-church-parking-lot

Unsure how many floors the Brian Paul will be.

3 hours ago, FromParkAveToTN said:

All this growth is happening because I moved here. I left New York to get away from it and now it has followed me here.  I guess I got that good good. 

Waiting on those high end NY stores to follow you here then, FromParkAveToTN.

There are about 8 of those on the list that are 10 floors or higher that may be in doubt. The rest may be in decent shape now.

It looks as if I missed the 11 story TownePlace Suites on Charlotte as well, to break ground the 1st quarter of 2019.

So you can add two more to the list above.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jarno said:

Is this project still a go for first quarter (hopefully January) or is it in danger of being delayed?  Also, I am assuming the Main Street apartments will have to go.  Are they being vacated yet?

All indicators are that it is still moving forward beginning of next year.

Welcome to the forum,  Jarno!  : )

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jarno said:

Is this project still a go for first quarter (hopefully January) or is it in danger of being delayed?  Also, I am assuming the Main Street apartments will have to go.  Are they being vacated yet?

Welcome to the forum, Jarno!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last I checked with my boss (who lives in the apartments) they are moving along with letting leases expire, but he didn't indicate any specific time frame on when the owners want people out. He is actively looking thought

Welcome to the forum Jarno!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep seeing housekeeping permits and the like showing up in the permits applied for. These permits normally do not show up in the regular daily issued permits. A lot of these have to do with utilities, sewer water and the like. I saw a lot of short term rentals permits issued a while back so they would not have to break a bunch of lease when they do decide to bring the building down. These are also the Market Street Apartments. 

They have said they are planning on a 2019 start. As far as I know that is still the case.

 

Welcome to the forum Jarno!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

I keep seeing housekeeping permits and the like showing up in the permits applied for. These permits normally do not show up in the regular daily issued permits. A lot of these have to do with utilities, sewer water and the like. I saw a lot of short term rentals permits issued a while back so they would not have to break a bunch of lease when they do decide to bring the building down. These are also the Market Street Apartments. 

They have said they are planning on a 2019 start. As far as I know that is still the case.

 

Welcome to the forum Jarno!

I remember a factoid buried in one of the Nashville Post's articles about the project being permitted to build out space in the 222 building. Certainly they could do that and then abandon, but that certainly seemed like a confident move assuming it moved forward ( if they are getting permitting I assume they've signed a lease there of some sort).

Edited by DDIG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Running up Demonbreun this morning I noticed that the gap between the Pinnacle and Bridgestone buildings should be filled in a big way by the Second Ave Partners project.

1103184870_GapupDemonbreun-2018-12-14.png.ce6a93eac99ba33648e69411239ca69e.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

Running up Demonbreun this morning I noticed that the gap between the Pinnacle and Bridgestone buildings should be filled in a big way by the Second Ave Partners project.

1103184870_GapupDemonbreun-2018-12-14.png.ce6a93eac99ba33648e69411239ca69e.png

That gap is where the Amphitheater park is located.  2nd Ave will be to the left of Pinnacle.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With two towers, I think one of them will peek out just to the right and more will be visible to the left. Also, I've always liked that vista with the undulating roofline of the Music City Center.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ascend is to the right, behind Bridgestone and a little more to the right.  If the main tower is placed on the south end of the lot, you will see most of it to the right of Pinnacle.

1882160641_GapupDemonbreun-2018-12-14-3D.png.2edc25dd1448be29fec5e9d2d83389b6.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.