markhollin

35 minutes ago, henburg said:

I'm fine with it being reduced to one tower honestly. Yes, the twin design was really cool and totally unseen in Nashville but I didn't like the way that it totally blocked out the Pinnacle (and for the record, I am not affiliated with Pinnacle at all lol).  The only thing I don't really like is how huge that base is. All I can see is a giant L dominating our skyline. 

Are you Mr. Bass, Mr. Berry or Mr. Sims? :P

Btw...does this new building look 700' tall?!  Looks WAY taller than Pinnacle.

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, henburg said:

I'm fine with it being reduced to one tower honestly. Yes, the twin design was really cool and totally unseen in Nashville but I didn't like the way that it totally blocked out the Pinnacle (and for the record, I am not affiliated with Pinnacle at all lol).  The only thing I don't really like is how huge that base is. All I can see is a giant L dominating our skyline. 

I'm with you on this. I don't mind it.  Perhaps the "L" shape is part of a bigger plan. Maybe there are plans for N, A, S, H, V, I, another L, and E towers in the works that we don't know about. :tw_grimace:

Edited by TNinVB
  • Like 3

Visually and functionally this project reminds me of Water Tower Place in Chicago on the Magnificent Mile - albeit different materials. Built in the 70s, the tower houses condo's and a luxury hotel (Ritz Carlton). The pedestal houses an urban mall. Used to stay at the hotel back in the day. The whole thing was executed so very well. Kinda wonder if our Chicago-based SAP got their inspiration from it...

Edited by Flatrock
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Neigeville2 said:

My big concern is that the old design had tremendous street activation and a connection between the pedestrian bridge and the 2nd or 3rd floor of the base, and I'm thinking that's gone.  Really want to see the street views all around the building.

No, I believe the street activation and bridge connectivity is all still there. The retail / restaurant space all remains there and that's on the First Ave side.

• Like 2

Anyone else think this is a bluff on behalf of SAP?   Watching this legal battle play out is a fascinating  example of Game Theory.    In my view, SAP is putting this information into the public domain 60 days prior to the court case, as a signal to the seller, that the seller has no leverage.    

Edited by thenorthchannel
  • Like 3

The MDHA Design Review Committee approved the site plan, massing and Second Avenue frontage. The team must return to the committee for approval of the Demonbreun Street façade of the building.

As to the approved project, Second Avenue Partners — a combination of Grand Rapids, Michigan-based Northern Capital Investments, The Congress Group of Boston and Los Angeles-based AECOM Capital Real Estate — is currently calling the building 151 1st Avenue South.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20983647/mdha-oks-40story-tower-overlooking-river

• Like 3

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

Adam Sichko is saying this single tower will be 550 feet, eclipsing 505 CST.

I thought the new render looked taller than the previous.  NICE!

34 minutes ago, TNinVB said:

Yep, and lack of design. 

This one looks a bit better than 505, IMO.  I like what's happening up top.  Not exactly a crown...but at least it's not 100% the same as the rest of the building.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, thenorthchannel said:

Anyone else think this is a bluff on behalf of SAP?   Watching this legal battle play out is a fascinating  example of Game Theory.    In my view, SAP is putting this information into the public domain 60 days prior to the court case, as a signal to the seller, that the seller has no leverage.    

It would be nice if that's really the case.

• Like 1

With Mark's post up above saying with the new design, SAP won't need the sliver of land, that would mean there will be no reason for the court date early in 2018, right?  If the court date remains, to me, that would signal TheNorthChannel's post above could be correct.

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, titanhog said:

I thought the new render looked taller than the previous.  NICE!

This one looks a bit better than 505, IMO.  I like what's happening up top.  Not exactly a crown...but at least it's not 100% the same as the rest of the building.

Yes I  agree.  This tower has more visual appeal IMO and with a nice lighting design could look really good. 

12 hours ago, markhollin said:

Adam Sichko is saying this single tower will be 550 feet, eclipsing 505 CST.

Hmmm... perhaps... just perhaps... we are starting to see the beginning of the ego-driven height 'arms race' that has provided so many of the tallest buildings in other cities, but have, to this point, lacked in Nashville.  I just hope the next one (which will, no doubt, stand at 700+ feet)  won't be another blue rectangle!

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1