markhollin

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 1:35 AM, titanhog said:

Btw...question for those "in the know."  Is this project imminent...or are there still hoops to jump through?

I think getting financing is the final hoop to jump through. The other thing is to get the lawsuit out of the way.

• Like 1

I give everything a 50/50 shot now days. I'm afraid to give anything a 100% chance until the thing is open. You just never know what is going to happen with the economy or in the case of WES, HCA backing out after digging had started.

Signature was just a few weeks away from starting when Tony pulled the plug. I spoke to the would be construction manager and he was about to move here from Atlanta, so you just never know. I am afraid to even give Nashville Yards more than 60% chance right now.

• Like 3

So there's still no word on the lawsuit other than that it's still ongoing?  I really figured they would've gotten that sorted out by now.  But it is good to hear that SAP and Congress Group are still committed to making this happen.

Edited by bmkTN

30 minutes ago, titanhog said:

On financing, didn't I read when this thing was first proposed that Northern Capital said they have the money for this...meaning financing would be no issue?

If I recall, that was just the money to acquire the land (and I don't think that has even happened), not for construction.

• Like 1

At the ground level, this project is also critical for completing the street wall and canyonization of that part of downtown (in other words, symmetry).

The 2-story apartment building and surface lot, being surrounded by 300+ ft. high rises, now seems completely out of place now and leaves the area disjointed, IMO.

43 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Trial is set between 2nd Ave Partners and the seller of the sliver of land next to the pedestrian bridge.  Behind paywall...so not sure when the trial is.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/07/17/trial-date-set-for-land-deal-tied-to-controversial.html

January 16, 2018.  

• Like 4

I really wish they would go ahead and buy the main land and apartments and at least stop more leases from being signed so that they can get to work quicker when the trial outcome is decided.  I am glad that we at least have a firm date on all this now, though.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bmkTN said:

I really wish they would go ahead and buy the main land and apartments and at least stop more leases from being signed so that they can get to work quicker when the trial outcome is decided.  I am glad that we at least have a firm date on all this now, though.

Taking your post a step further, I wish they'd just say "f*ck the parking lot" and begin construction without it, since it's already been approved. It's such an inconsequential parcel given the overall scale of the project.

But it looks increasingly unlikely that's going to happen and will only be a last resort.

Edited by urbanplanet17
  • Like 3

It's a bit of a weird deal.  2AP got approval from the city to slightly change the design and build without the land...but they're now willing to wait even longer for a court date before starting.

This tells me that more than anything, they are in no huge hurry to start...and that they were trying to entice the seller to go ahead and sell by acting as if they would build without the land, basically making that land useless for future buyers.  How the seller knew to call their bluff is beyond me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, titanhog said:

It's a bit of a weird deal.  2AP got approval from the city to slightly change the design and build without the land...but they're now willing to wait even longer for a court date before starting.

This tells me that more than anything, they are in no huge hurry to start...and that they were trying to entice the seller to go ahead and sell by acting as if they would build without the land, basically making that land useless for future buyers.  How the seller knew to call their bluff is beyond me.

Bear in mind too, 1/18/18 is merely the first court hearing. This case could drag on for weeks or months afterwards before a ruling is made. And then there's no financing in place yet, and they haven't even purchased any of the land.

We're just going to have the pack our patience for the extremely long haul.

Edited by urbanplanet17
  • Like 4

On 7/18/2017 at 0:40 PM, titanhog said:

The little sliver shouldn't even be a make or break in this. It'll be the owner of that little piece that takes a huge hit if he/she wants to keep being a jackass. Build this thing with or without it, it's time for the other party to "call the bluff" considering they're the ones in control of the situation. 

• Like 4