markhollin

30 minutes ago, urbanplanet17 said:

Is Northern Capital still involved in this project?

I haven't seen their name in any of the recent articles (unless I overlooked it).

From what I can tell they played a roll getting the land deal together but they aren't part of the development team moving the project forward which is just AECOM and Congress Group.

Edited by DDIG
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Binbin98 said:

I would like to tell you all that I called this project early on XD

But in all seriousness this hotel being built will probably cause other luxury hotel brands to look in to building properties in Nashville. I can already say with great certainty that IHG hotels is looking to build an Intercontinental Hotel somewhere in Nashville, in fact they have been since 2006 but Alex Palmer screwed up their initial proposal lol. I have also heard that Ritz Carlton is in the process of scouting Nashville now but I cannot confirm or deny that right now , I am indirectly in the travel and hotel business so I hear these things a lot :tw_lol:

We like people who hear things.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Binbin98 said:

I would like to tell you all that I called this project early on XD

But in all seriousness this hotel being built will probably cause other luxury hotel brands to look in to building properties in Nashville. I can already say with great certainty that IHG hotels is looking to build an Intercontinental Hotel somewhere in Nashville, in fact they have been since 2006 but Alex Palmer screwed up their initial proposal lol. I have also heard that Ritz Carlton is in the process of scouting Nashville now but I cannot confirm or deny that right now , I am indirectly in the travel and hotel business so I hear these things a lot :tw_lol:

Yeah, I hear a lot of "work gossip" when I come home from college these days too xD... '97er here

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vrtigo said:

There are hostile, inflammatory trolls who stir up agitation and discord; and there are those who provide harmless comic relief. @FromParkAveToTN is the latter.

If you're tired of seeing someone's posts, this forum allows you to "ignore" them and hide all of their posts. It is disingenuous of our community to be so welcoming to new members, but in almost the same breath, openly attack other (longstanding) members just because we don't like their particular style of contributions.

In what way did I openly attack anybody?My comment was in reference to a general presence of trolls OTB who try to stir the pot, not at someone who posts some lighthearted sarcastic comments. 

2 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

It would be nice to hear critiques from trained architects of the stuff being built in Nashville... and other cities. 

I share a lot of this stuff on Facebook to my friends there, one of whom earned an Architecture degree from Southern Polytechnic State University. For the most part he loves what he's seeing here.