markhollin

• 1 month later...

I hope they do get that lot.  I want the tower to fully abut the pedestrian bridge, which was the original intention.  Otherwise that lot would just be an awkward wasted space.  And I think the taller tower will be the same height either way.

Edited by bmkTN
  • Like 3

Well...I'm a conspiracy theorist...and I still wonder if someone told the owners of the sliver of land they would pay way more for the land than 2nd Ave Partners and asked them to back out in an effort to ruin the chances of the building being built?  Of course, as we now know...if that was the case, it backfired.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello and good evening. I finally decided to join the forum here because of my interest in the changing scene in Nashville. I have lived in the area all my life and love the city. I worked downtown in the early 90's right when the were building the ATT building.  I always wished phase 2 of the City  Center complex would have been built. I chose this topic to jump into because I really am drawn to the idea of this proposal. Yet I have not seem much movement on it as of late. Is it dead in the water? I really hope it moves forward to completion. Thanks in advance for any comments.

Edited by SumnerCountian
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, SumnerCountian said:

Hello and good evening. I finally decided to join the forum here because of my interest in the changing scene in Nashville. I have lived in the area all my life and love the city. I worked downtown in the early 90's right when the were building the ATT building.  I always wished phase 2 of the City  Center complex would have been built. I chose this topic to jump into because I really am drawn to the idea of this proposal. Yet I have not seem much movement on it as of late. Is it dead in the water? I really hope it moves forward to completion. Thanks in advance for any comments.

The silence is definitely deafening right now.  Welcome to the board.

7 hours ago, SumnerCountian said:

Welcome to the board SumnerCountian! I think the former iteration of City Ctr II is dead in the water as they have built a below ground parking garage on the site. They did build the foundation to support a 24 story building but not the structure that was planned.

Please take time to always check out the forum meeting thread. Always looking to put a name with a face. Meets are at 10 am, the first Saturday of the month, at the downtown Library location of Provence.

• Like 1

Welcome to the board, SumnerCountian!  As Smeagolsfree said, please come visit one of our monthly Meet-Ups.  : )

In regards to the status of this massive Second Ave. Partners project, I would think there are lots of plates spinning in the background. A tremendous amount of issues to be addressed regarding infrastructure, traffic flow, solidifying the 4 or 5 star hotel tenant, etc.  I'm cautiously optimistic on this one.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, markhollin said:

Welcome to the board, SumnerCountian!  As Smeagolsfree said, please come visit one of our monthly Meet-Ups.  : )

In regards to the status of this massive Second Ave. Partners project, I would think there are lots of plates spinning in the background. A tremendous amount of issues to be addressed regarding infrastructure, traffic flow, solidifying the 4 or 5 star hotel tenant, etc.  I'm cautiously optimistic on this one.  

What concerns me is that both towers seem to be residential...right?  If one were office, I would have more faith that this were about to happen.  But if both are residential, that's a LOT of space to fill.