markhollin

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

OMG, Looking at the comment on NC5, I cant believe how clueless people are. One of the comments was to "Contact your lawyer"? They have no leg to stand on. These people should have been reading the news articles like the folks here with regards to the project and they would have seen the writing on the wall. The leases were expiring and they were not renewing them.

People just do not know how to take responsibility for themselves and be prepared for what is going on around them. Of course this is not the Nashville of the 90's as one of the comments stated, as the Nashville of the 90's was not the Nashville of the 60's. Change is constant. If you dont like it , then leave. You have that option. Go somewhere you like to live. I did and came here, and that is what the 60 to 100 a people are doing because they like the Nashville of the 2010's and beyond.

If someone wants to post this on NC5 I welcome it and you can use it as your own.

The News story also said that there are almost a dozen residents. So not even 12 people live in this apartment that takes up pretty much a city block. OK.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

The person who owns that land is based in Atlanta. Maybe civic pride kept him from selling land that would become home to a three tower structure whose lower level would become another Nashville gathering spot for both visitors and locals.

Edited by Ingram

1 hour ago, DDIG said:

Plenty of uses, for example he could rent it out to a couple food trucks at a time during lunch hours!

I bet he could even rent it out to food vans or food station wagons!  There are countless potential uses for that land... if you can only count to three.  :P

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, nashwatcher said:

The owner of that land needs to call the developers and renegotiate. Otherwise he’s crazy.

https://www.curbed.com/2015/12/14/10621590/spite-house-pink-house-plum-house

https://hyperallergic.com/264750/the-spite-house-an-architectural-phenomenon-built-on-rage-and-revenge/

They could go full spite/grudge house. :tw_joy:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, titanhog said:

I still adhere to the conspiracy theory that someone (cough***BBS***cough) paid the sliver owner to pull their contract with SAP so they could preserve their view of the Cumberland. :ph34r::shades:

Good conspiracy but I think SAP had a version of the site with the two towers without the parking lot. So that wasn’t what killed the second tower. I think they just decided the multi family market was getting saturated.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, DDIG said:

Good conspiracy but I think SAP had a version of the site with the two towers without the parking lot. So that wasn’t what killed the second tower. I think they just decided the multi family market was getting saturated.

But I don't think they had the version out there (at least publicly) until after BBS made their comments...and the sliver owned pulled the plug.  Not saying BBS really paid the sliver owner (I'm just joking on that)...but I do think BBS wanted the entire tower project to go away.

• Thanks 1