New Center City Charlotte TV Studio opens

uptownliving

WBTV (3-CBS) in Charlotte has opened up their new Center City Studio. It is located at the base of the Bank of America Corporate Center (the tallest skyscraper in Charlotte). The studio is on the ground level and has large windows that overlook the Square at Trade and Tryon Streets. They broadcast their morning news (5am - 7am)... morning news updates (7am - 9am), Noon newscastm and their 10pm newscast on WJZY.

I have watched it and its neat to see (especially on the Noon newscast) all the hustle and bustle of people, cars, trucks, and buses of the Square. If I come across some pictures then I will post them.

Go here to view pic -> http://www.geocities.com/charlottetelevisionnews/3ss12.jpg

The new studio is about 30 feet from where the reporter pictured above is standing, and this is roughly the same view seen behind the anchor desk.

Spectators can walk right up to the windows and watch the newscast...however they are very thick, so you can bang all you want, but they won't be able to hear on you on the inside.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just watched the 10 o'clock broadcast. HORRIBLE. This anchor guy is the WORST. The whole production just seems very amateurish. I do like the concept of the studio overlooking Founders Square, but overall the show still sucks.

Cudos to some of their cams around the city though, like this one:

tower.jpg

When it comes to WBTV, I think they certainly are the lesser of the 3 evils in Charlotte. They may have a mediocre news presentation but their weather and sports departments are above average. WSOC meanwhile, is always showing someone getting killed or a dangerous product in your home THAT COULD ENDAGER YOUR CHILDS LIFE. WCNC is just ok to me as they have very average to mediocre weather and sports departments.

Archived