Richmond Proper's Broad Street Corridor

RiverYuppy

2 hours ago, tparkerzut said:

That plan is one of the best things I've read about the BRT. It mentions so many great things for urban development that we need to focus on as the BRT increases development. Things like buildings to the corners, increasing street visibility and bordered parking areas are awesome things to see the city talking about. 

Exciting stuff.  Great to see so much optimism in Richmond.  I hope that the people embrace BRT.  If even half of the development in the draft proposal comes to fruition, it will show the region (looking at you Henrico) how investments in transit bring about a lot of benefits:  both tangible and intangible.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

I get that this is a vision for the corridor, but I'd love to get Lowe's take on the plan for their parking lot. 

They can sell the back half of their lot and still have plenty of parking. That lot is NEVER full, and way too big for that Lowe's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

develop-bit from RichmondBizSense about another building along Broad (next door to the convention center) being acquired and converted into a restaurant and apartments starting later this year. There's a lot of ownership changes along this stretch as of late. Tucked into the article was another gem:

"With all the apartments coming in, and what’s about to happen with Douglas Jemal’s development, it just seemed like the right place for a restaurant,” Tsui said of 326 E. Broad building."

5 hours ago, TBurban said:

"With all the apartments coming in, and what’s about to happen with Douglas Jemal’s development, it just seemed like the right place for a restaurant,” Tsui said of 326 E. Broad building."

I know nothing specific regarding any Douglas Jemal development impending...I do know that he has bought up a lot of property along abroad St., but perhaps they know something we don't. I wonder what this development could be?  Hmmmm....

Archived