New Meijer "Bridge Street Market" on the West Side

GRDadof3

• 3 weeks later...

1 hour ago, GRDadof3 said:

I was headed to the Y on Bridge Street the other day at around 5:00 and traffic was backed up half way across the bridge, and I realized that when this Meijer opens, Bridge Street is going to be at a standstill of traffic from 5 - 7 or 8 every day. 

The road diet the city did to Bridge St last year was a disaster. While I appreciate the bike lanes, they should've done away with parallel parking and kept the left turn lane.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thebeerqueer said:

The road diet the city did to Bridge St last year was a disaster. While I appreciate the bike lanes, they should've done away with parallel parking and kept the left turn lane.  

traffic jams r a small price 2 pay on busy thruways so that ppl can ride bikes next to them... u need 2 realize ur car is the porbelm duh.. ur old and out of touch!! why dint you take ur bike or a bus? duh???  the parallel parking keeps ppl from getting hit by ur giant smog spewing earth killing car!!

Edited by x99
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, x99 said:

traffic jams r a small price 2 pay on busy thruways so that ppl can ride bikes next to them... u need 2 realize ur car is the porbelm duh.. ur old and out of touch!! why dint you take ur bike or a bus? duh???  

I was speaking on this topic as a frequent cyclist on this 'thruway'. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thebeerqueer said:

Yeah, trying to back into busy traffic for parallel parking is a nightmare, especially at night when people have been drinking. 

• 1 month later...

So it looks like all of the demolition permits have been filed this past week, which means we will really start to see some movement on this soon! I've noticed that they started clearing a few things out and I also noticed yesterday that the old Chase Bank across the street now has a Rockford sign on it. 

Edited by GVSUChris
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, GVSUChris said:

So it looks like all of the demolition permits have been filed this past week, which means we will really start to see some movement on this soon! I've noticed that they started clearing a few things out and I also noticed yesterday that the old Chase Bank across the street now has a Rockford sign on it. 

The last update we received is that the Stockbridge Pub/Dubba's will be coming down in April and the site will be the staging area for the first phase, the Meijer and market rate apartments/garage. The second phase will be the ICCF mixed income apartments, which are looking nice. Lots of brick and stone, keeping in line with the Barley Flats and the market rate apartments. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2017 at 9:30 AM, mgreven said:

Once they start coming down, my wife and her staff are required to send me regular photos. :)

Our NA just received a road closure notice for Seward St, southbound, to be fully closed from 04/29/2017 - 05/12/2017. I wonder if this the beginning of the end for these buildings. 

1 hour ago, thebeerqueer said:

Our NA just received a road closure notice for Seward St, southbound, to be fully closed from 04/29/2017 - 05/12/2017. I wonder if this the beginning of the end for these buildings. 

Yep...taking down the weird brick one this morning...EDIT - it's almost gone now.  My wife just posted a video. 

IMG_3306.JPG

Edited by mgreven
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

It looks like a snow making machine (I assume it sprays water to keep the dust down). Hope it doesn't get too cold tonight. ;)

Joe

They were kicking up a ton of dust yesterday, thought there was a fire when I was leaving the Y. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mgreven said:
And the big warehouse is coming down today along with Stockbridge pub...if you haven't been out there since they removed the buildings on the block, it's pretty amazing. Pictures don't do it justice. 

I was sitting in the big roll-up window at Harmony Hall with a friend last night and we both were commenting on how different this little hub of the Westside will be in a few years. Last I heard is the Meijer and the apartments above are looking to open in the fall of 2018. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...