asthasr

What is the deal with all the JS popups?

I am suddenly having tons of problems navigating because every element of the forums seems to pop up little previews or other windows that don't work well. Trying to search, for example, I can't select a scope for the search because the box pops up and then disappears. Mousing over forums or threads pops up "tooltip windows" that then don't go away, so I can't even read the titles. This is in Chrome. Please roll back whatever changes you've made to the javascript!

3 minutes ago, asthasr said:

I am suddenly having tons of problems navigating because every element of the forums seems to pop up little previews or other windows that don't work well. Trying to search, for example, I can't select a scope for the search because the box pops up and then disappears. Mousing over forums or threads pops up "tooltip windows" that then don't go away, so I can't even read the titles. This is in Chrome. Please roll back whatever changes you've made to the javascript!

I haven't seen this myself and you're the first to mention of the issue. What browser and version are you using? Can you possibly take a screenshot of an example? No changes have been made recently, particularly ones that would cause what you describe to happen.

9 hours ago, Neo said:

I haven't seen this myself and you're the first to mention of the issue. What browser and version are you using? Can you possibly take a screenshot of an example? No changes have been made recently, particularly ones that would cause what you describe to happen.

PtlAwir.png

This is just from mousing over the titles of the threads. I am in Chrome version 51 on Windows 8.1.

That definitely shouldn't be happening. Have you tried clearing your browser's cache? What happens if you use Chrome's incognito (private browsing) mode?

7 minutes ago, asthasr said:

Hmm, clearing my cache worked. I guess I had cached some interim version of the JS or something.

I'm glad to hear that resolved the issue. Thanks!