Repurposed/revitalized historical buildings in Nashville

markhollin

The one story former warehouse/light manufacturing structure at 1300 Martin Street in Wedgewood/Houston neighborhood has great potential, most likely as a restaurant.  Was built in 1950 and has 5,780 sq. ft. of space. It is caddy corner to The Finery and directly across the street from Corsair Distillery to the west and the 1260 Martin apartments to the north across Merritt Ave., all of which are either now online or UC. 

1300 Martin, 5,200 ft., Mar 2017.jpg

• Like 4

^^Looks like they knocked down some cool old structures around it.  It's a wonder it remained...but what a cool little building it is.  Wish they would get rid of those south-side stairs so we could get a better look at that nice brickwork around the windows.

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 1

^^Ok...I'm trying to make sense of the layout in the photos.  

So, this isn't just in the building on the right...it includes the building on the left as well...correct? (that building is the oldest in downtown, built in 1810, correct?)  It appears a wall has been knocked down between the two buildings and the entrance to the older building on the left is just to keep the historic look, right?  That door doesn't actually go anywhere.?

14 hours ago, titanhog said:

^^Ok...I'm trying to make sense of the layout in the photos.  

So, this isn't just in the building on the right...it includes the building on the left as well...correct? (that building is the oldest in downtown, built in 1810, correct?)  It appears a wall has been knocked down between the two buildings and the entrance to the older building on the left is just to keep the historic look, right?  That door doesn't actually go anywhere.?

Apparently so. I did a double-take myself. I'm shocked they allowed the demolition of a wall and lowering of the floor on ostensibly the oldest building in downtown. :(

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fieldmarshaldj said:

Apparently so. I did a double-take myself. I'm shocked they allowed the demolition of a wall and lowering of the floor on ostensibly the oldest building in downtown. :(

Yeah...really odd.  I wonder how long it's been like that?  I've never been in either building, but I hope they didn't just allow this to happen so they could fit a restaurant in there.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2017 at 3:06 AM, titanhog said:

Yeah...really odd.  I wonder how long it's been like that?  I've never been in either building, but I hope they didn't just allow this to happen so they could fit a restaurant in there.

I can't say for sure when the wall was removed, but it was already gone when Pub 5 opened several years ago.    

• Like 2

The Listening Room is relocating to the 1 story former warehouse/factory at 618 4th Ave. South.  The 16,282 sq. ft. building was built in 1947.  This has great potential as a really nice music venue, and much larger than their current site at 2nd and Molloy.

Listening Room 1, 618 4th Ave south, April, 2017.jpg

Listening Room 2, 618 4th Ave south, April, 2017.jpg

Listening Room 3, 618 4th Ave south, April, 2017.jpg

Listening Room 4, 618 4th Ave south, April, 2017.jpg

• Like 2

Wow! Is that an old time coal furnace? 1947 seems a bit recent for one of those.  What was that building's original use? Looks like it could have been a showroom in front and machine shop in back. As downtown gets built up, those types of buildings from what was a long period of industrial uses will get more and more rare. Incredible how fast things have changed/are changing.

• Like 1

Progress on The Stillery (eatery, bar, and live music venue) at 1921 Broadway in Midtown. Most recently it was home to Lucy Pop Salon. Built in 1940, this 2 story, 4,904 sq. ft. structure has housed a plethora of businesses in it's 77 years. 

Looking NW from Division Street 1/2 block west of Lyle Ave. interchange:

The Stillery, Midtown 1, June 10, 2017 x.jpg

Looking NE along Division St. 1/2 block east of intersection with Broadway:

The Stillery, Midtown 2, June 10, 2017 x.jpg

• Like 2