Repurposed/revitalized historical buildings in Nashville

markhollin

The 2 story, 4,270 sq. ft. brick structure at 4800 Charlotte Ave. is listed as having been built in 1955, but appears that it may be much older than that (I'm guessing 1910 range).  In any event, it has hosted many tenants over the years, with West Nashville Law Offices being housed there currently.  With some loving care, it could be spiffed-up nicely.

4800 Charlotte Ave, April 29, 2018.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, markhollin said:

The 2 story, 4,270 sq. ft. brick structure at 4800 Charlotte Ave. is listed as having been built in 1955, but appears that it may be much older than that (I'm guessing 1910 range).  In any event, it has hosted many tenants over the years, with West Nashville Law Offices being housed there currently.  With some loving care, it could be spiffed-up nicely.

4800 Charlotte Ave, April 29, 2018.jpg

I really think that row of buildings there on Charlotte is prime for a great make over. There are some excellent older buildings there waiting for some TLC.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, wreynol4 said:

I really think that row of buildings there on Charlotte is prime for a great make over. There are some excellent older buildings there waiting for some TLC.

I couldn't agree more.  That entire old commercial strip with the buildings built up to the street has so much potential.  I just hope the right developer buys them.  Every time I hear of a new development announced for Charlotte Avenue I get that fear in the back of my head that someone has bought up that strip and wants to knock it down to put it some bland apartment block.

• Like 2

The May Hosiery redevelopment may now feature a boutique hotel element. AJ Capital Partners is seeking a zoning change that would allow for lodging, to go along with the 80,000 sq. ft. of office space, 3 restaurants, 7 retail storefronts, and and a rooftop plaza.  No word on brand, amount of rooms, or how the hotel would be configured into the site.

Below are some updated renderings of how the repurposing will look (minus the hotel plans) when complete in June.

Also see page 1 of this thread for the entry from June 26, 2016 for more history on theMay Hosiery complex.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/odds-ends/article/21005599/of-note-18-may-2018

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 9.20.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 9.20.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 9.20.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 9.21.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 9.21.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 9.21.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 9.21.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 9.21.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 9.21.50 AM.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Built in 1904, the 5 story, 86,062 sq. ft. office building at 810 Broadway originally housed religious publishing.  For the past decade or so it has been the home of Moran & Morgan law firm. 

810 Broadway, Morgan & Morgan, 1904, 1.jpg

It was also the home to the University of Tennessee's Nashville Extension in the late 60's where you could take nighttime college courses towards a degree.  It was the precursor to UT Nashville which became a full time college as part of the UT system.

• Like 1

^^ I've been wondering what this is going to be! When my girlfriend and I visited last June exploring places to live I figured it would be a great redevelopment opportunity. Figured the building would be demolished, but really happy to see the renovation!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, markhollin said:

Built in 1955, the 2,088 sq. ft. former gas station is being made into another restaurant/bar. It had been a Mexican joint, but will now be the Twilight Tavern.

5303 Charlotte Ave., Twighlight Tavern, April, 2018, 1.jpg

5303 Charlotte Ave., Twighlight Tavern, April, 2018, 2.png

Parking is so bad there. I can’t figure out for the life of me why they haven’t bought the lot next to it, to be additional parking.