Repurposed/revitalized historical buildings in Nashville

markhollin

3 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

After considerable time searching online resources, I finally located a postcard image from the late 1980s Second Avenue North. The two buildings centered in this crop of the postcard are the structures razed for the construction of the Wildhorse Saloon.

IMG_2521.PNG

Well done.   You are correct that Gaylord built a new building to house the Wildhorse.  It's 2nd Ave facade incorporates the architectural styling of the 19th century buildings on the street.    

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Great shots!  So glad the city kept that old bird around.  Anyone know when they are planning on putting the new cupola onto the tower?

I actually saw the copper cupola in front of the building so it must be soon. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2017 at 7:26 AM, markhollin said:

114 2nd Ave. South was featured here on March 17th.  Here is an update on the interior of the soon-to-be-opened Headquarters Beercade in the 107 year-old structure:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2017/04/28/see-inside-headquarters-beercade-downtown-nashville/100707368/

Beercade 1, April 28, 2017.png

Beercade 2, April 28, 2017.png

Beercade 3, April 28, 2017.png

Beercade 4, April 28, 2017.png

Beercade 5, April 28, 2017.png

Beercade 6, April 28, 2017.png

Beercade 8, April 28, 2017.png

Beercade 9, April 28, 2017.png

Beercade 10, April 28, 2017.png

Beercade 11, April 28, 2017.png

This looks great. I would love to see more entertainment options like this downtown. 

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I actually saw the copper cupola in front of the building so it must be soon. 

Yes, actually I saw it in your photos which is what reminded me of that project...if I'm not mistaken, it's been sitting there for awhile for whatever reason.  Maybe they still have some masonry work at the top of the tower to do still.  

• Like 1

The Yee-Haw Taproom will be opening in the one story brick warehouse at 423 6th Ave. South.  It is part of the several acre tract owned by friend of this board, Shelby Smith. The 12,000 sq. ft. structure that was built in 1950 has most recently been home to a Halloween haunted house attraction.  My guess is that the parking area on the south side facing Peabody will become an outdoor seating area.

With all of the hotels and apartment buildings going up within a block or two, as well as just a block south of MCC, this is bound to become a popular watering hole.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/20857739/east-tennessee-brewery-taps-sobro-for-taproom

Yee-Haw Taproom, 6th & Pabody, April, 2017.jpg

Yee-Haw Taprrom map.png

• Like 2

9 hours ago, markhollin said:

The Yee-Haw Taproom will be opening in the one story brick warehouse at 423 6th Ave. South.  It is part of the several acre tract owned by friend of this board, Shelby Smith. The 12,000 sq. ft. structure that was built in 1950 has most recently been home to a Halloween haunted house attraction.  My guess is that the parking area on the south side facing Peabody will become an outdoor seating area.

With all of the hotels and apartment buildings going up within a block or two, as well as just a block south of MCC, this is bound to become a popular watering hole.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/20857739/east-tennessee-brewery-taps-sobro-for-taproom

Yee-Haw Taproom, 6th & Pabody, April, 2017.jpg

I wonder how much longer such buildings will last in that area. It's already an underutilization for a skyscraper district.

The two story brick building at 1805 21st Ave. South that was most recently home to Bosco's, is being refurbished for Hoppdoddy's Burger Bar on the main floor and 24 executive office suites on the second level.  It was originally built in 1924, and has served many retail and restaurant purposes in it's 93 years of service.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/restaurants/article/20834679/craft-burger-joint-bound-for-hillsboro-village

Looking west from Fido/Bongo Java across 21st Ave. South:

Hopdoddy Burger Bar 1, April 29, 2017.jpg

Looking east at the back side:

Hopdoddy Burger Bar 2, April 29, 2017.jpg

Interior being completely gutted and redone:

Hopdoddy Burger Bar 3, April 29, 2017.jpg

Hopdoddy Burger Bar 4, April 29, 2017.jpg

• Like 4