Repurposed/revitalized historical buildings in Nashville

markhollin

^

Indeed a beautiful space (I even had my wedding rehearsal dinner there), but the space is currently vacant.

Holland House unfortunately closed a few months ago for not being able to reach amicable terms with their landlord. A deep loss for the neighborhood.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Vrtigo said:

^

Indeed a beautiful space (I even had my wedding rehearsal dinner there), but the space is currently vacant.

Holland House unfortunately closed a few months ago for not being able to reach amicable terms with their landlord. A deep loss for the neighborhood.

What?! NO! I don't believe you!

*runs away crying*

The one time tire dealership at 811-815 Gallatin that has been burned out for a couple of years has been refurbished as a new 3 space storefront.  Originally built in 1920, the structure has 6,000 sq. ft.  I first featured this building on June 11, 2017, and have added a pic from then for the before/after effect. The first tenant will be Tailgate Brewery.  

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/20975726/tailgate-brewery-plans-east-nashville-outpost

811-815 Gallatin Rd, Nov 11, 2017 1.jpg

811-815 Gallatin Rd, Nov 11, 2017 2..jpg

811-815 Gallatin Rd, Nov 11, 2017 3.jpg

811-815 Gallatin Rd, Nov 11, 2017 4.jpg

811-815 Gallatin Rd, Nov 11, 2017 5.jpg

This is what it looked like 6 months ago:

811 Gallatin Rd..png

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, arkitekte said:

^^^ I'm  happy that this structure is being re-purposed, but it's a shame that the castellated elements from the parapet wall were removed. That really stripped the structure of any significant architectural character. 

Agreed.  It was a far more interesting structure before the renovation.  Surely it's possible to reinforce the structural integrity of an old building without stripping it of nearly all of it's defining characteristics?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Agreed.  It was a far more interesting structure before the renovation.  Surely it's possible to reinforce the structural integrity of an old building without stripping it of nearly all of it's defining characteristics?

Everything has to have a flat roof in Nashville these days....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

It is and it happens all of the time. This more than likely was someone trying to turn a 1920's structure into a Mid-Century modern structure, or at least something similar. HGTV is damning for historic structures sometimes. 

• Like 2

Work continues on Hunter's Station, a rebuild of up to 9 restaurants in the former home of Hunter's Automotive at 969-975 Main Street. It will include outdoor and covered patios, a covered deck, a dog walk, outdoor dining, and a bocci ball court.  Hugh Baby's BBQ, Biscuit Love, Grilled Cheeserie, 55 South, and Laura Wilson's Citizen Kitchens have been cited among the tenants planned. The 1 & 2 story brick buildings was originally erected in 1976, and have 22,000 sq. ft. of space.

Looking NE from intersection of Main and Finn St:

Hunter Station, Nov 11, 2017 1.jpg

Looking SW from intersection of Main and N. 10th St:

Hunter Station, Nov 11, 2017 2.jpg

Looking NW from intersection of Main and N. 10th St:

Hunter Station, Nov 11, 2017 3.jpg

• Like 1

The one-time home of Nashville Sporting Goods at 169 Rosa Parks Blvd. is awaiting creative re-imagining. Located immediately to the north of  The Standard Restaurant, across the street from the impending Federal Courthouse, and just hundreds of feet away from the massive Nashville Yards development, it would seem to be a great locale for a large restaurant, club, or attraction.  A bonus is that it also has an entrance along 9th Ave. North as well. It is 2 stories tall in front, and 3 stories in back, with very high ceilings, and has 18,840 sq. ft. of space. 

The front facing Rosa Parks Blvd:

5a12e6faa5b75_169RosaParksBlvdx.thumb.jpg.6c432e13a897af9a1301209f9c070585.jpg

This is the "back" side (traced in yellow) facing 9th Ave. North:

169 Rosa Parks Blvd back side x.jpg

• Like 4

My first ever "big trip" by myself after I got my drivers license, so probably around '98/'99, was to drive down from Clarksville to the store to get some new baseball pants. 

Dang it used to have an pretty amazing neon sign. If it was turned into something, they definitely need to bring that back! Look at that bass.

Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 7.33.50 AM.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1