Repurposed/revitalized historical buildings in Nashville

markhollin

Thanks. I never knew that was a grocery store... gotta love those depression prices though. And that marker I never noticed, but not that I was looking for one either. I appreciate the clarification on the dates when it became Sportsman's Grill... b/c I think I remember that it wasn't Spats anymore while I was still at Vandy. But that was the summer before my senior year and I was oriented to the other side of campus. I do recall in my sophomore year that I went a few times with friends to Spats for drinks. Very 1980s fern bar decor. 

I forget what was there when I was at VU.  I want to say it was also Ice Cream, but B&J's doesn't ring a bell.  This month's issue of the Vanderbilt Alumni magazine has a feature on the SATCO behind it. That's a weird little corner in a fast changing area of town.