Repurposed/revitalized historical buildings in Nashville

markhollin

18 hours ago, colemangaines said:

For anyone who's unaware, this was the tallest building in Nashville at 168 feet from its completion until 1908, when The Stahlman overtook it at 180 feet.

The State Capitol is taller at 198 feet and was tallest from 1859 until 1900 when Union Station (220 feet) was finished. The L&C broke that record in 1957.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Auntie Yock said:

The State Capitol is taller at 198 feet and was tallest from 1859 until 1900 when Union Station (220 feet) was finished. The L&C broke that record in 1957.

Thanks for pointing that out. Not sure why but the number "150 feet" was stuck in my head for the capitol building. I guess that means the wiki page needs updating though.

image.thumb.png.b8aa02bc6549df327eea4f7897c07d83.png

• Like 3

22 hours ago, colemangaines said:

Thanks for pointing that out. Not sure why but the number "150 feet" was stuck in my head for the capitol building. I guess that means the wiki page needs updating though.

image.thumb.png.b8aa02bc6549df327eea4f7897c07d83.png

Add to that, for some time, it appears that the listed height for Fifth Third Center (formerly Third National Bank) in many sources has been erroneous. The 490' listed height may have, in fact, been the height for the earlier design of the tower (which was clearly taller than the design constructed). A UP'er ascertained the height to be 446'. That being the case, it appears that the Snodgrass (former National Life & Accident Tower) never lost its tallest status from 1969 until the AT&T (former South Central Bell Tower) was finished in 1994.

Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs - Page 529 - Nashville - UrbanPlanet.org

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Over the weekend I noticed that outside of Hermitage Hotel some planters have been moved to seemingly establish a sidewalk dining area. The thing about this that I can’t quite comprehend is that the corner of that area encroaches into the sloped “handicap ramp” portion of the sidewalk. How can that be permissible with consideration of ADA access on that street corner?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2022 at 5:12 AM, markhollin said:

618 4th Ave. South covers 19,500 sq. ft. over its 1 & 2  floors and was built in 1947. It is currently home to the 600 capacity Listening Room Cafe.

618 4th Ave South, Listening Room Cafe, Feb, 2022, 1 x.png

618 4th Ave South, Listening Room Cafe, Feb, 2022, 2 x .png

618 4th Ave South, Listening Room Cafe, Feb, 2022, 3 x.png

618 4th Ave South, Listening Room Cafe, Feb, 2022, 4 x.png

618 4th Ave South, Listening Room Cafe, Feb, 2022, 5 x.png

618 4th Ave South, Listening Room Cafe, Feb, 2022, 7 x.png

618 4th Ave South, Listening Room Cafe, Feb, 2022, 8 x.png

The Listening Room is a great place for live music, well designed and great acoustics in my opinion.  

• Like 3