Repurposed/revitalized historical buildings in Nashville

markhollin

108 Bridge St. in Franklin (known as the McConnell House) covers 6,000 sq. ft. over its 2 floors and was built in 1905. It is now home to  the History and Cultural Center of Williamson County.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/2022/08/26/history-and-culture-center-williamson-county-opening-event-rentals/7897052001/

108 Bridge St, Franklin, McConnell House, Aug 26, 2022, 1 x.png

108 Bridge St, Franklin, McConnell House, Aug 26, 2022, 2 x.png

108 Bridge St, Franklin, McConnell House, Aug 26, 2022, 3 x.png

108 Bridge St, Franklin, McConnell House, Aug 26, 2022, 4 x.png

108 Bridge St, Franklin, McConnell House, Aug 26, 2022, 5 x.png

108 Bridge St, Franklin, McConnell House, Aug 26, 2022, 6 x.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The 100+ year old 2 story structure at North Mt. Juliet Rd. in downtown Mt. Juliet  will be home to Truleigh Scrumptious Restaurant, as well as a new mural honoring Charlie Daniels. 

More at TheTennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/mt-juliet/2022/09/12/truleigh-scrumptious-mt-juliet-tn-charlies-place/7928256001/

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 6.20.59 AM.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a super random memory pop into my head today when looking at a map of Nashville. I remember rather vividly going to a seafood restaurant a few times in my youth in the mid-to-late '80s that was located along a waterfront. I'm fairly certain it was in MetroCenter, on the water feature in the middle. I cannot for the life of me remember what it was called. Does anyone else recall this? I believe the building is still there, repurposed as an office...one of these two with the gazebos on piers:

image.png.f7e25d25e5283542608e83ed48b420ae.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bnacincy said:

The Hungry Fisherman.  Never went there but I do remember.

Yes! That was it!

Man, talk about some 80s Nashville nostalgia. Back before you'd get shot at in the the Fountain Square theater parking lot, Church Street Center was all the rage, and there were more peep shows than honky tonks on Broadway.

• Like 2