Repurposed/revitalized historical buildings in Nashville

markhollin

1906-1908 Acklen Ave. (3 stories, 10,770 sq. ft., circa 1920) is going to be converted into a boutique hotel by Mainland Companies.  they paid $4.25 million for the homes in 2021. A back structure for the two will be razed to make way for a swimming pool and bar space. No word on how many rooms. Remick Architecture will be in charge of design; Barge Civil will oversee engineering/land planning. They will go before the Metro Planning Commission on June 22 for final site plan approval related to the urban design overlay in place for Hillsboro Village.

More behind the Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/hotel-eyed-for-hillsboro-village/article_8ea175ac-f0dc-11ed-a6b8-23e3a96451e4.html

And at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/05/15/hotel-proposed-for-acklen-ave-mainland-cos.html

Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 4.39.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 8.27.25 AM.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

I'm glad to see the hotel will incorporate the original two dwellings. That's a dead-end street, and actually a rather dead area for street activity. With the Moxy and this one, it will be a very good addition for that property. 

I've never really understood why Belcourt and Acklen both dead end instead of connecting to Magnolia.  They're treating Magnolia like it's a highway or something.  Seems like one of those two at least deserve it's own intersection, especially considering the development that has taken place over the past few years.  

• Like 3

On 5/21/2023 at 5:04 AM, markhollin said:

1705 Division St. covers 3,411 sq. ft. over its 2 floors and was built in 1985.  Sometimes a coat of colorful paint can make a real difference, as is this case for the home of Tarkington & Harwell Realtors.

1705 Division, Tarkington & Harwell Realtors, May 14, 2023 x.jpeg

That's a lot of red paint there.  The High Plains Drifter would be proud

High Plains Drifter: The Key Clue No One Saw | Movie Fan Man: Cinema  Connoisseur

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

I take great offense to a building from 1985 being considered historic.  

Is someone trying to claim this is historic?  When William told me they put paint on this pig I about had a stroke as it looks historic. Now if pigs lived forever and also flew, then maybe.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Is someone trying to claim this is historic?  When William told me they put paint on this pig I about had a stroke as it looks historic. Now if pigs lived forever and also flew, then maybe.

Haha no, they weren't.  It's just that it was in this thread titled 'repurposed historic buildings.'   

11 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Ha, that is reason. A misplaced photo. I was wondering what the issue was.

Really I was just making a joke about a thing my age being considered historic.  Don't mind me while I amuse myself.  Carry on!  🙂

2405 12th Ave. South covers 2,527 sq. ft. and was built in 1910.  It has just sold again, this time for $3.55 million (up $755.000 from its last sale in 2021) to Big Plan Holdings. It appears their plans are still for a restaurant of some sort, and a $1.17 million permit has been granted for a build out  with Pfeffer Torode Architecture overseeing design, and construction being done by Impetus Builders.  Big Plan is also building the Bon Jovi-themed entertainment bar on Lower Broadway.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/12south-property-sells-for-3-55m/article_7b010160-03ed-11ee-9dd4-2f24a03975b5.html

Screen Shot 2023-06-06 at 7.26.32 AM.png

• Like 3