Hinman project - new 13 story hotel at 10 Ionia

GRDadof3

2 hours ago, WMrapids said:

Gave you guys a little extra with 20 Fulton included too.

Here's the model of the tower and here is the model of 20 Fulton again.

Screen_Shot_2016-06-24_at_3.32.46_PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 3.33.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 3.33.52 PM.png

Looks great!  I am really excited about this.  Finally some height away from the riverfront.  I really hope this doesn't get scaled down or rejected.  It seems kind of silly that this parking lot is in the historic district.  Maybe this will encourage other developers to go taller, especially now that central downtown is starting to fill in.  

I would think with the small footprint this would rise pretty quickly if approved, can anyone confirm?

Is it too early to call this GR's second building boom of the past 10 years?

7 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

Hear hear, that sketchup looks great. What about Venue tower in there? I was right by it today and they're already on the 2nd or 3rd floor of the residential tower already.  

I've been trying to work on it with the images available. I accidentally used one of the old images and noticed the model was off when the height was at some 250 feet. Looking at it in Google Earth, the old proposal would have sure looked good...

image.png

Edited by WMrapids
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ant33 said:

The cube sure would've looked good at 20 stories.. Hopefully the building at 10 ionia doesn't get scaled down too much if any at all. I also am liking the location and look of it more and more after seeing the pics.. Can't wait for july 6th!

I sure wish it stayed at 20. Heck, even the first revision of 14 would be better.

Still, 12 stories where there were none... I'll take it.

I'll be honest, I'm still incredulous this will work out.  That lot just seems so small.  You'd think they need a few more levels on the parking structure to accommodate all the spaces they will need.  And I wonder if the hotel will offer any dining?  Will they dedicate 1 or 2 floors to a restaurant?

The square parcel the parking structure sits on appears to be bigger than the triangular parcel.  Maybe they should build the tower on the square lot instead and put the connected parking structure on the triangle.

Edited by RegalTDP

40 minutes ago, RegalTDP said:

I'll be honest, I'm still incredulous this will work out.  That lot just seems so small.  You'd think they need a few more levels on the parking structure to accommodate all the spaces they will need.  And I wonder if the hotel will offer any dining?  Will they dedicate 1 or 2 floors to a restaurant?

The square parcel the parking structure sits on appears to be bigger than the triangular parcel.  Maybe they should build the tower on the square lot instead and put the connected parking structure on the triangle.

I thought they said an update of the parking structure was planned too. I read that to mean added parking.

1 hour ago, RegalTDP said:

Isn't that what's in the picture?  Doesn't look like enough to me.

the parking across louis st appears to be going from 2 decks to 4 decks. As for hotel dinning and other amenities, wouldnt they just put that on floors 2-4 or something? seems like sufficient room to me, besides, there has to many numerous example of hotels in NYC and Chicago do the same or even more with less room

52 minutes ago, GR8scott said:

the parking across louis st appears to be going from 2 decks to 4 decks. As for hotel dinning and other amenities, wouldnt they just put that on floors 2-4 or something? seems like sufficient room to me, besides, there has to many numerous example of hotels in NYC and Chicago do the same or even more with less room

They very easily could. They could (should they feel bold) put those on top of the parking structure. 

• Like 1

It looks to me like the parking lot is 4 stories. I'm sure a more modern ramp would fit a decent number of cars.

From everything I see, it looks a pretty nice design. And anyone questioning the lot size, remember, there was a pretty substantial building on this before. It's not as small as it looks.

Joe

21 hours ago, RegalTDP said:

Did you look at the site plan I posted? It shows a restaurant on the East corner and retail facing Ionia. I dont think there needs to be another ramp on Fulton, that's for sure.