Hinman project - new 13 story hotel at 10 Ionia

GRDadof3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

Permits are in for this project, and I believe they got all of their approvals from HPC? Anyone see any movement on the lot yet? Have they kicked all of the parking lot users out yet? 

Not yet. I walk past it every day and so I'll let y'all know here first when I see something change. Believe me...I've been anxiously watching for any sign...haha. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Mishigami said:

Agreed. Even if this project has been scaled down significantly, ultimately the infill will still be much more than worth it. It may not be the iconic game-changer development many of us had hoped for, but the architecture and function of this space to me will still be more than agreeable and it will definitely help create for a more dispersed and healthy street traffic that extends a bit further beyond the downtown core (Monroe area and Pearl St). Grand Rapids is beginning to look a bit more like a fully developed city as time goes by, albeit on a much smaller scale. But there is still so much progress that can be made, which I am excited to watch in the future. 

Well said and welcome to the UP forum Mishigami! 

• Thanks 1

Sidewalk closed barriers are up and Louis is blocked off (I'm assuming to put up concrete barriers).  I agree with everyone else, 42 stories would have been amazing, but this will be some great infill.  I'm looking forward to watching this one rise!

On 1/7/2019 at 8:25 PM, Floyd_Z said:

Sidewalk closed barriers are up and Louis is blocked off (I'm assuming to put up concrete barriers).  I agree with everyone else, 42 stories would have been amazing, but this will be some great infill.  I'm looking forward to watching this one rise!

I didn't realize Louis was completely closed. Makes sense for the new pedestrian bridge though. I'll try and get some pictures later today. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

I didn't realize Louis was completely closed. Makes sense for the new pedestrian bridge though. I'll try and get some pictures later today. 

Looks like Louis will be closed for the entirety of the project, most likely for staging.  I bet the cop shop is not appreciating that. :tw_bawling:

7 minutes ago, SupercityGR said:

This is going to be taller then the Gallery on Fulton correct? 

I believe it's 165' to the top of the elevator core. I don't recall how that compares to Gallery on Fulton. Plus the base of the hotel is lower than the base of Gallery, FYI. 

3 hours ago, SupercityGR said:

Wiki list The Gallery at 175 feet

So 10' shy of it. Gallery's taller too because it sits on the UICA pedestal.

45777099235_77c7fde167_o.jpg

Speaking of that, the parking ramp at Gallery is supposed to get a whole new facade. Just remembered that. What else am I forgetting, lol. 

3 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

So 10' shy of it. Gallery's taller too because it sits on the UICA pedestal.

45777099235_77c7fde167_o.jpg

Speaking of that, the parking ramp at Gallery is supposed to get a whole new facade. Just remembered that. What else am I forgetting, lol. 

The ivy concept definitely didn’t pan out. Do you know what is planned?

Joe

Well at least this one looks a lot better than Gallery and whatever the other one up the street is called.

They were talking about the road closure on FBHW this morning and how it was supposed to be a lot taller.  I wish,  but infill is good.