markhollin

Dream Hotel (former Climax and Utopia) and Printers Alley Redevelopment, mid-2018 completion

On 8/19/2016 at 4:23 PM, wreynol4 said:

Where will parking be for the hotel?

There's a parking garage somewhat diagonal to the left that faces 3rd. There's also a structure directly behind it just to the right as well. I'm sure both of these will be highly utilized by all 3 of the hotel projects going in right there.

^Thanks for sharing these. I hope that some of the interior wood work and moldings are salvaged and restored and incorporated into the new hotel. 

• Like 3

They will not be able to put the crane up until the crane for the Noel Hotel comes down. The crane will be 180' tall according to workers on site.

• Like 3

From today's Tennessean:

The developers behind the Dream Hotel that's being built at 210 Fourth Avenue North in Printers Alley is returning to MDHA design review committee on Tuesday, Jan. 17th for a review of exterior plans.  

Dream Hotel exterior render, Jan 2017.JPG

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, wreynol4 said:

While you won't be able to see from a distance, driving down 4th it really helps the area feel more urban. 

What makes it seem super urban to me is the fact that the intersection of 4th and Church (where the L&C tower is) is one of the busiest pedestrian intersections in the city. I could be wrong but I believe it's the only intersection in downtown, other than lower Broadway, that has diagonal crosswalks. 

I love this concept. I have heard that when we used to have horse races the jockeys who came to town for them stayed in the old Dream Hotel. True?

Looking NE from 4th Ave. North 1/4 block north of Church St:

Dream Hotel 1, Oct 1, 2017.jpg

Looking SE from 4th Ave. North near intersection with Bankers Alley:

Dream Hotel 2, Oct 1, 2017.jpg

Looking SW from intersection of Bankers Alley and Printers Alley:

Dream Hotel 3, Oct 1, 2017.jpg

• Like 3