• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, titanhog said:

It was sad to see some of those buildings knocked down and replaced...but thankfully, the developers seemed to have taken care to recreate the old look...and I'm actually surprised and pleased.

That facade that was just put in place IS the original, historic facade. It was removed and put into storage when the rest of the building was razed and was reinstalled on the new building.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, donNdonelson2 said:

That facade that was just put in place IS the original, historic facade. It was removed and put into storage when the rest of the building was razed and was reinstalled on the new building.

He may be referring to these bad boys...to which I might say they were "non-contributing".  Nashville is luck that the Utopia is still around.

image.thumb.png.053d7f24968656c82726dadce83ed1fd.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Yes...that's part of why I'm pleased.  When they first mentioned saving the facade but tearing down the building...I was ticked.  But...as far as rebuilds go...I think this is a marvelous example of doing it right.  The facade makes a world of difference.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, bnacincy said:

Hey Mark,

Is there any talk down there about new clubs opening up in Printers Alley once all the construction is done? Nashville needs a jazz/blues/supperclub/musictheater alternative entertainment district and the Alley is the perfect spot.

Dream Hotel is opening two that will face Printers Alley, but don't know names/themes yet.  The Hotel Indigos aid they were going to create a club that will face out onto Printers Alley---but don't know name/theme on that yet, either.  Bobby Hotel opened up Bobby's Garage, a small bar with tiny music stage a few months ago facing the alley.  Not sure about anything else yet, besides the ones already there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

FEDE3D6E-118C-405D-A94C-D11D2467BC75.jpeg

I was always intrigued by this. Who do you hire? Do you get strippers who can't sing, or singers who can't strip? Is it better to have someone who looks good in the nude but has a mediocre voice, or the other way around? How hard is it to find people who can sing in the nude, isn't that pretty much the ultimate test for stage fright? And karaoke implies an amateur performer from the crowd. How many musicians looking for their big shot in Nashville ended up doing this? Do you think there were any music executives hanging around to catch the next big star at the Brass Stables? Always just more questions than answers.

I think the young ladies hosting the karaoke were the ones who were nekkid-no singing required on their part. (It was all just a way to get around the “three feet rule” for strip clubs. The business went from strip club to karaoke bar, because the room wasn’t wide enough to get the distance between patrons and performing artists.)

• 1 month later...