Belle Grande /2400 Crestmoor (2 hotels & 30,000 sq. ft. office), 9 stories, 105 ft., Green Hills area

markhollin

My god, this thing is massive!!  I just realized that for the past several months everytime I saw a construction photo of this, I just assumed in my mind that it was Vertis.  I had completely forgotten about this!  Wowzers... Green Hills is seriously urbanizing, and it's about time!  Now... if only they could fix those mangled, disorganized suburban style streets down there.

20 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

My god, this thing is massive!!  I just realized that for the past several months everytime I saw a construction photo of this, I just assumed in my mind that it was Vertis.  I had completely forgotten about this!  Wowzers... Green Hills is seriously urbanizing, and it's about time!  Now... if only they could fix those mangled, disorganized suburban style streets down there.

You would be shocked if you saw how urban the area around the mall is becoming

• Like 2

If they add any significant quantity of dense residential, I've always thought it could touch off the early stages of a reinforcing pedestrian village effect. At this point the crawling, skull-numbing traffic might as well have been designed to force people to rethink getting into their car if at all possible. Of course, if you're considering walking very far, the enormous multi-lane intersection crossings and giant parking lots would give you pause, but it may have actually gotten to the point that an average joe stepping out of their apartment would consider braving that hostile street environment just to avoid driving in it. And if enough of them do, it would be much easier to improve the area to handle drastically more pedestrian traffic than it would be to move the needle on the vehicle traffic.

• 2 weeks later...

The first hotel building on north end of the property has topped-out. 

Looking west from Crestmoor Rd. at intersection with Cleghorn Ave:

Green & Little, Sept 24, 2017.jpg

Looking east a the at south end building from parking lot of Courtyard Marriott off of Bedford Ave:

Green & Little 1, Aug 31, 2017.jpg

Looking east at north end building from the backside from Bedford Ave.

Green & Little 2, Aug 31, 2017.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Southern structure is now up to 9th floor Just needs a roof on it, and then it will be topped out like the northern counterpart.

Looking north from the south end of the parking garage at Cleghorn and Green Hills Mall Drive:

Green & Little, Oct 29, 2017 1.jpg

Looking north from the north end of the parking garage at Cleghorn and Green Hills Mall Drive:

Green & Little, Oct 29, 2017 2.jpg

Looking SW from Cleghorn Drive at Tokyo Steak House parking lot:

Green & Little, Oct 29, 2017 3.jpg

Looking NW from Cleghorn Drive at Tokyo Steak House parking lot:

Green & Little, Oct 29, 2017 4.jpg

Looking SW from intersection of Cleghorn Ave. and Crestmoor Rd:

Green & Little, Oct 29, 2017 5.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looking north from the south end of the parking garage at Cleghorn and Green Hills Mall Drive:

Green & Little, Dec 30, 2017 1.jpg

Looking north from the north end of the parking garage at Cleghorn and Green Hills Mall Drive. The Marriott Residence Inn is on the center/right:

Green & Little, Dec 30, 2017 2.jpg

Looking west from Crestmoor Rd. at intersection with Cleghorn Ave:

Green & Little, Dec 30, 2017 3.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

I don't know exactly the answer, but I have been watching the Vanderbilt (Barnard Hall College Dorm) construction and there seems to be a brick (or a surface that looks like brick) that is all a shade of reddish pink (with no visible mortar lines) while it's being applied. Then when finished it looks like brick. I hope that's what we're seeing at the moment on this building. 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2018 at 6:51 AM, markhollin said:

Looking north from the north end of the parking garage at Cleghorn and Green Hills Mall Drive. The Marriott Residence Inn is on the center/right:

Green & Little, 2400 Crestmoore, Mar 18, 2018, 2.jpg

Looking SW from across Cleghorn Ave, 1/4 block south of Crestmoor Rd:

Green & Little, 2400 Crestmoore, Mar 18, 2018, 4.jpg

Can someone tell me what those white wall packs are?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Brickwork complete on Marriott Residence Inn.

Looking  north along Cleghorn Ave. from southern edge of Green Hills Mall garage:

Green & Little, June 10, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking  north along Cleghorn Ave. from northern edge of Green Hills Mall garage:

Green & Little, June 10, 2018, 2.jpg

Looking west across Cleghorn Ave. at steel framing for eventual brick/stone archway:

Green & Little, June 10, 2018, 3.jpg

Looking NW from Cleghorn Ave.

Green & Little, June 10, 2018, 4.jpg

Looking west from intersection of Cleghorn Ave and Crestmoor Rd:

Green & Little, June 10, 2018, 5.jpg

Looking east along Crestmoor Rd:

Green & Little, June 10, 2018, 6.jpg

Looking south from Crestmoor Rd:

Green & Little, June 10, 2018, 7.jpg

Looking NE from back parking lot of 3810 Bedford Ave:

Green & Little, June 10, 2018, 8.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I agree that this is  a quality development and shows you can have it if you set standards and don't simply loosen the standards to appease big developers.  Green Hills, like most of the city, is being inundated with two tall skinnys on what was formally a lot for one home.  In almost every case, they have to dig across the street to connect for utilities and NEVER fix the street back to what it was.  Why are they allowed to get away with this?

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...