Richmond Development Map

RVA-Is-The-Best

There are those apartments on 3rd street right behind CNB that are being renovated. They aren't listed here but I can't find an article about them. Could someone help me find something so that we have a source for the map? I know there was a bizsense article written about it. 

Also, should we delete the projects that are complete?  I think if we don't, it gets a bit misleading. Just a suggestion.

One more thing...this thread should be pinned so that it never leaves the top portion of the board and so that it can be easily referenced. Not sure how to do it though. Perhaps the original poster can do it (perhaps it is an option for him?).

Edited by eandslee

^^It's up to the mods to do that.

And whoever added ''Polygon 239'', can you add a description of the project and corresponding sources? At least a name like ''Apartments'' would help (though there are still 2 other such polygons with that title in Scott's Addition haha)

Also, updated that museum district project that someone added with the project website and corresponding information/pics. Apparently going by the name ''Carytown Crossing'' now.

According to Carytown Crossing's contractor Capstone's website, there is also another separate project called ''West Cary Apartments'' with no information other than owner Shriner Associates and architect Johannas Design Group, and images said to be ''coming soon''. Interesting, maybe someone can do a little digging about that one?

http://www.capstonecontracting.com/completed-projects/west-cary-apartments/

EDIT: also, no removing completed projects. I think all the green (completed projects) stands as a testament to how high the city is flying on development right now. And if people can't be bothered to look at the description/map key, I'm not sure what to say to that

Edited by RVA-Is-The-Best
  • Like 1

This June 27 article by BizSense indicates TriBeCa in Randolph and Huntt's Row in the Fan are now completed. Changed them to green on the map. Also indicated that the same Huntt's Row developer is looking to do an infill project similar elsewhere in the neighborhood. Good stuff. One project begins where the other ends.

http://richmondbizsense.com/2016/06/27/huntts-row-finishes-up-tribeca-fills-out/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would suggest perhaps utilizing the layers for convenience.  I really like having the transit on there, but it can make it hard to get a bird's eye view of the development.  It would be cool if all transit was in its own layer and you could just hide/show that layer.

Perhaps it would be good to also have some sort of removal process.  I really like keeping the completed projects, but there are a few "proposed" projects on there that just don't seem as though they are going to happen.  For example, city stadium is on there for a "proposed" development.  Is that more of a "wouldn't it be cool if this happened" or is there an actual proposal in place?  There is also the Shockoe Bottom baseball stadium...

Edited by RiverYuppy

Currently adding four separate layers: Completed, U/C, Propsed/Approved, and Pulse (as per RY's suggestion).

And yes, will remove some of the ''vision'' projects like City Stadium and lovingRVA

EDIT, 2:00 PM:    I think all the moving things around and whatnot has crashed MyMaps lmao. I'll try refreshing but now I just get ''can't save'' messages.

EDIT, 2:36 PM: DONE. Four separate layers now. May not look very organized still, but much more so than it was. Got rid of LovingRVA projects and CityStadium. Can someone also confirm whether the Franklin St. Restoration under Main St. Station is actually happening, if not then I can go ahead and get rid of that as well

• Like 2

On 8/12/2016 at 1:50 PM, RVA-Is-The-Best said:

Currently adding four separate layers: Completed, U/C, Propsed/Approved, and Pulse (as per RY's suggestion).

And yes, will remove some of the ''vision'' projects like City Stadium and lovingRVA

EDIT, 2:00 PM:    I think all the moving things around and whatnot has crashed MyMaps lmao. I'll try refreshing but now I just get ''can't save'' messages.

EDIT, 2:36 PM: DONE. Four separate layers now. May not look very organized still, but much more so than it was. Got rid of LovingRVA projects and CityStadium. Can someone also confirm whether the Franklin St. Restoration under Main St. Station is actually happening, if not then I can go ahead and get rid of that as well

Just saw the overhaul on the map, looks great, thanks for working on that!

Saw the new article about the B Bike Share Phase 1 in Style Weekly and went ahead (just for fun) and added a new layer to the dev map with all the phase 1 stations just to visualize the spread.

http://www.styleweekly.com/richmond/a-look-at-richmonds-new-134-million-bike-sharing-system/Content?oid=2357707

Check it out, it's there as a new layer (which you can disable)

Added the Eclipse project as mentioned in today's BizSense:

http://richmondbizsense.com/2016/08/22/renovations-inbound-for-west-main/

Can anyone confirm that the ''French Quarter building'' project (turning office space above Penny Lane Pub into apartments) is completed? Completion was expected for spring to summer 2016, want to change it purple to green if confirmed.

On 8/23/2016 at 6:28 AM, RVA-Is-The-Best said:

Added the Eclipse project as mentioned in today's BizSense:

http://richmondbizsense.com/2016/08/22/renovations-inbound-for-west-main/

Can anyone confirm that the ''French Quarter building'' project (turning office space above Penny Lane Pub into apartments) is completed? Completion was expected for spring to summer 2016, want to change it purple to green if confirmed.

It is.  I almost looked at some a few months ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
11 hours ago, RVA-Is-The-Best said:

Map's getting a bit stale. I feel like a bunch of should be greens by now are still purple. I think based on how long it's been I'm going to assume The Tiber is complete.

Sadly, I doubt the Tiber is.  It had ceased progress for a few years due to financial and legal issues.  I believe it finally started back up again, though.

• 1 year later...