PolerCoaster Nashville

smeagolsfree

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I signed up for the crowd funding site last night.  I have some interest in crowd funding and am on several real estate crowd funding websites.  This one gives, by far, the least information of any website I have been to.  Maybe I missed it, but there were no projections, no information on timeline, or even location.  I couldn't even find if they are looking for equity partners or debt.  

I like the thought of incorporating crowd funding for local projects, but they really should have everything setup and ready to go once they mention it publicly. 

43 minutes ago, L'burgnative said:

Well if this proposal happens and at 600' at least Nashville wouldn't have to claim it the tallest structure downtown.  Just a glass half full way of looking at it.

Nashville's would probably just be about 200-300' and the coaster would just be right angles.

That was funny, bigeasy...LOL. Drove by the future TopGolf site today and once again thought how the PolerCoaster could fit there in reasonable context. It would not be in the CBD, but would have great views of downtown and the river. Jam a Brooklyn Bowl - or some other alternative amusement/entertainment venues around it and create an urban amusement experience close to, but not in d'town. Hell, we've got green tractors, hay wagons, a Tilted Kilt - and maybe worse coming d'town....maybe this PolerCoaster (appropriately placed) would be appreciably better. Dunno.

3 minutes ago, Flatrock said:

That was funny, bigeasy...LOL. Drove by the future TopGolf site today and once again thought how the PolerCoaster could fit there in reasonable context. It would not be in the CBD, but would have great views of downtown and the river. Jam a Brooklyn Bowl - or some other alternative amusement/entertainment venues around it and create an urban amusement experience close to, but not in d'town. Hell, we've got green tractors, hay wagons, a Tilted Kilt - and maybe worse coming d'town....maybe this PolerCoaster (appropriately placed) would be appreciably better. Dunno.

Yes...with Top Golf, Polercoaster and the Andretti Entertainment Complex...that area could be a nice "entertainment" area that offers something different for tourists and locals alike.

San Diego Port Authority has selected a project proposal, anchored by SkySpire, the Polercoaster's sister, as part of a 70-acre redevelopment project to be called Seaport San Diego. Estimated cost is $1.2 billion. 

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2016/07/19/a-thrillcorp-tower-is-set-to-anchor-a-1-2-billion.html

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 4.04.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 4.04.21 PM.png

I couldn't find where the NBJ is getting its information.    There was an article in the San Diego press last week that the SD Port Authority is in discussions with the project developer (the lead developer, not the Polercoaster outfit) after going through an RFP process, but the project sounds speculative still.   The NBJ article makes it sound like a done deal.   This would be a very ambitious project.    

• 10 months later...

Plans changing again for possible Nashville location.  These guys sure strike me as "all hat and no cattle."  The only way I would be in favor of this idea is if it were out by Opryland or anywhere other than within the inner belt. 

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/06/19/one-year-later-polercoasters-plans-change-but.html

The real news here is that they are not doing crowd source funding and they have a new revenue source. Finding a location they said is difficult due to the construction boom here.

The model they are seeking I think would be somewhere closer to downtown and not in the burbs.

I think somewhere up where River North is going would be fine.

Archived