Austin | Natiivo | 358' | 33-Stories | Complete

The ATX

This is a residential tower with a few office floors and will be 70 Rainey's neighbor.  It's awaiting city approval, and the original start date was mid-2016.  There was a lot of progress made this week towards the approval of the site plan.  So hopefully it will start soon.  This particular developer doesn't seem to bloviate about his projects like some do, so I don't have any information about the financing.  Here are some renderings from the developer's website:  

48%20East%202.png

48%20East%201.png

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tower crane plans were released Thursday.  This one will have two cranes, and the expected start date is not too far away -  October 30th.  This one is in the Rainey St. area on the East Side of Downtown near I-35.  

The West side has been where most of the taller high-rise construction activity has been for the past few years.  But the East side has a lot more tower proposals.  For some reason projects on the West side get underway much more quickly than the ones on the East side.  But anyway, if the projects on the East side from the University of Texas to the North and the river to the South get underway, there will be a pretty impressive line up of skyscrapers for a couple mile stretch along I-35. 

LYY00uX.png

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The developer has change plans and is switching from rental to condos according to the Austin Business Journal.  Groundbreaking is still planned for 2018.  This is the second big project to switch from apartments to other uses.  The Parsley Energy HQ (300 Colorado) tower switched from apartments to office.  It looks like the downtown rental market may be taking a breather with so many recent projects opening and in the pipeline.      

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Demo has started.  But I can't yet green stripe this one as being underway on my list of tallest projects because there has been no official groundbreaking announcement from the developer that this is underway and there has been no word about whether it has financing. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This one ended up staying as an Airbnb hotel concept.  It's a new Airbnb brand and one of their now two hotel concepts.  This project and one in Miami were announced this week as the flagship properties for the Natiivo brand.  Here's a new rendering - only the signage has changed to reflect the new name.  Articles about this project are not clear on the start date.  But the latest permit info indicates July.

natiivo_feature-780x468.jpg

Natiivo_Austin_Rendering_48_east_avenue-

Austin Towers

• Like 2

Hey @The ATX great thread, thanks for keeping it going.  The Niido has been successful in Nashville and in doing some research on that project I heard about this one and wondered if there was a thread on UP for it.  Turns out there is and you've got an excellent history of the project.  Have you heard when units might be available for presale?

• Like 1

UP is throwing ads at me about this projects.  Their cookies are working.  They are pre-selling now and the prices start at $300K and go up to $1.2 million.  $300K is incredibly cheap for a high-rise condo downtown.  Too bad the owners can only live in their units for 30 days per year. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...