Austin Proper Hotel & Residences | 397' | 33-Stories | Complete 2019

The ATX

• 4 weeks later...

This project has seemed to have an "imminent" groundbreaking for the past several months.  But the developers issued a press release yesterday indicating that the groundbreaking is indeed imminent (as in this quarter).  Also, they also announced Goldman Sachs as Capital Partner.  With Goldman Sachs on board and tower crane permits filed, this one is good to go.

Press Release 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a view of the site prep for Austin Proper going on next to the demo taking place for the Third + Shoal office tower.  The construction staging area on the other side of the Austin Proper site is the site of Green Water Residential Tower #2 which has a planned 2017 start. 

DhFJff8.png

https://twitter.com/BenHCarrington

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2017 at 1:26 PM, carolinaboy said:

Off topic, but the river bank through these photos (for other buildings also) seems pretty gnarly. Are there any plans to make the riverbanks more of a cohesive park/greenway/trail? Perhaps I am mistaken about the river, I've never had the pleasure of being in Austin.

The river banks are parkland and make up a 10 mile hike and bike trail around Lady Bird Lake which is the name for the section of the Colorado River that goes through downtown.  Here's a map of the trail:  

R4H3dVO.png  

Link

Here are a couple photos:  

Walking-Trails_2b98d6f2-fef3-58b7-00945c

Link

austin500.jpg?itok=6bubSmVG

Link

Current zoning doesn't allow for development on the edge of the river.  Before the zoning was changed to prohibit development there was a section along the river that got developed and didn't leave room for a trail.  A 1.2 mile boardwalk was built to close the trail loop in that area a few years ago.  Here's a photo of it that I took on Christmas:  

Oracle%205.jpg

Here are some more views of it:  

IMG_5372.jpg  

Link

It goes underneath I-35 so trail uses don't have to deal with the nasty I-35 & Riverside intersection:

lady-bird-lake-austin-aus0316.jpg?itok=_

Link

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...