19th & Broadway; Fallyn Apts. (26 stories, 295', 355 units); Fraye Hotel (16 stories/220 rooms); 2,500 sq. ft. ground retail; garage

MidTenn1

• smeagolsfree changed the title to 19th and Broadway; 355 Apts. (255 ft, 26 stories), 220 Room Hotel (16 Stories, 188 ft)

1 hour ago, urbanplanet17 said:

In all fairness, if Nashville can manage 2 Tapestry hotels, I'm sure it can manage 2 Curio hotels.

Agreed. The two locations are completely different in who they’re attracting. 8th and demonbreun is obviously for MCC/lower broad travelers while midtown can be downtown/business/Vanderbilt/music industry/etc. If the corporate heads decide both areas are areas where a Curio would thrive they won’t cancel one just because of relative geographic proximity. Especially considering they could just be giving a prime location to a competitor. 

• Like 1

As I recall, the proposed Midtown hotel was always labeled as a Curio, overlapping with ES/Curio's design and branding process. So all were aware of the situation.

It may be time to think of Midtown as it's own unique city which is serving a different market and developing it's own identity. Each Curio will serve a different loyal customer base with different requirements. 

• Like 4

No there is no mention of either or even a hotel brand. No one is talking right now as this all just broke yesterday. I think they are waiting to see if they can get the approval for the new height and such for the project before anything moves forward, then more details will emerge. It is scheduled on the Jan 10th Planning meeting.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I am very happy to see development 99% of the time, but this is an exception. This is a beautiful house, and I would much rather see someone restore it. There are plenty of empty parking lots or ugly buildings to tear down for this project. Sad to see buildings like this (and former Welch College for example) get torn down for a probable unmemorable building. Takes away from Nashville's beauty.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Andy20 said:

I am very happy to see development 99% of the time, but this is an exception. This is a beautiful house, and I would much rather see someone restore it. There are plenty of empty parking lots or ugly buildings to tear down for this project. Sad to see buildings like this (and former Welch College for example) get torn down for a probable unmemorable building. Takes away from Nashville's beauty.

It indeed a fine house architecturally, but I am not particularly  dismayed to see it go.  The time to preserve it  had passed long ago and it remains disconnected from any historic context it once had.  It is an isolated remnant which brings to mind the final scene in 'Batteries Not Included' a historic brownstone wedged between Trumpian scaled towers.  Well not that extreme maybe.  I was far more saddened when the Pricher-Hamilton House at the Virgin Hotel site was unexpectedly  demolished.  It was quite a blow to lose such an anchor to Music Row and heralded the loss of more of the Row to follow.

24c84e13ebbf32275e1313157e7b5f6f--historic-homes-blog-entry[1].jpg

948adce4a36e7067d86a3b280eeafd92[1].jpg

Edited by Baronakim
grammar
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

This passed tonight on final... construction will begin soon. The Rudy Firm house (Warren House) will fall if no funds ($800K) are raised to move her.  26 (355 apartments) & 16 (Hotel) towers separated by a courtyard. 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2019/04/23/19th-broadway-nashville-development-new-apartments-shops-hotel-midtown-historic-warren-house-move/3542284002/

I hope they can save the house.  I thought they were going to move it to Marathon Motorworks?

• Like 4