19th & Broadway; Fallyn Apts. (26 stories, 295', 355 units); Fraye Hotel (16 stories/220 rooms); 2,500 sq. ft. ground retail; garage

MidTenn1

Actually Denver did save a lot of their buildings, but this is not a good representation of that. Their historical society got very busy in the the 1970’s preserving structures and saving many endangered buildings that otherwise would have been destroyed. I had already seen this photo BTW, and have walked this street numerous times. There is plenty wrong with Denver, but there is plenty right with it too.

You can check it out if you like. I don’t make blanket statements like that for the most part without doing some homework. Many large cities did this similar crap in the 70’s all in the name of “Urban renewal” and I am sure Robert will be able to give you an education on the misguided nature of many of those projects but not all. Hells half acre was a prime example here of a Urban renewal project that probably needed to happen but the end product was less than to be desired, IMO. There are certain areas of intact old Denver in place thanks to preservation efforts.

The advent of the Interstate program was another example of a good thing gone wrong. Prime example was what happened in North Nashville, however I don’t think we can go in and fix the mess now with a cap over the interstate. The NYC preservationist stopped a plan there that would have been a disaster for Manhattan. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • markhollin changed the title to 19th & Broadway; The Fray (26 stories, 295', 355 units); Curio Hotel (16 stories/220 rooms); 2,500 sq. ft. ground retail; garage
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2022 at 4:50 PM, BnaBreaker said:

"fallyn" as in, "I hope this building isn't gonna be fallyn down while I'm inside it"...?

Seriously, what's up with all the wierd names starting with "F"? 

I hereby nominate the name "The Fudge Pop" as a good and suitable name for this tower!

Edit:  Actually, just the name "Fudgicle" is even better!

Edited by Armacing
  • Haha 3

• markhollin changed the title to 19th & Broadway; Fallyn Apts. (26 stories, 295', 355 units); Curio Hotel (16 stories/220 rooms); 2,500 sq. ft. ground retail; garage
  • 3 weeks later...