The ATX

Frost Bank HQ | 385' | 23-Stories | U/C

11 posts in this topic

Renderings of San Antonio based Frost Bank's proposed new HQ were released today.  It's being designed by Pelli Clarke Pelli.

920x920.jpg1024x1024.jpg

mySA

3 people like this

Some more renderings and information about this project was posted on a City of San Antonio website.

SA%20Frost%202.pngSA%20Frost%201.pngSA%20Frost%204.pngSA%20Frost%203.png

Here's a San Antonio Express-News article with updated information about this project.  The first (and biggest) city approval hurdle was successfully overcome.  :yahoo:

San Antonio is not a modern looking glass high-rise city largely by design.  The city prefers low profile earth tone buildings that help maintain its historical look.  San Antonio does have a unique and interesting historical appeal because of its development guidelines.  But damn, it sure would be nice to see a cluster of glass towers.  

1 person likes this

I am glad to see a new office tower going up in downtown and I wish USAA a huge employer would do another one with themselves as the anchor.

1 person likes this

I'm happy to see this go up too.  It's so odd that San Antonio which is always one of the fastest growing large cities in the U.S. has very little Downtown high-rise development.  But that is largely due to the city's desire to maintain a specific historical look for Downtown.  San Antonio is a classic sunbelt sprawl city.  It has an extensive highway system with many densely developed areas spread across a wide area.

This project is officially U/C now, and it has two webcams!  Here is a still from each webcam:  

FNkq1g7.png 

SF8keeI.png

Webcam

1 person likes this

Finally this project is started. Do you know if that new office tower near the Pearl has started by Silver? I think it is about 10 stories

12 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Finally this project is started. Do you know if that new office tower near the Pearl has started by Silver? I think it is about 10 stories

A 10-story residential building being developed by Silver Ventures next to Pearl was completed in May.

9 hours ago, The ATX said:

A 10-story residential building being developed by Silver Ventures next to Pearl was completed in May.

Yes I know about that one. They are building this 10 story office building too. It was approved in March. They said they might have a tenant for the whole thing. http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2017/03/16/san-antonio-historic-commission-frost-weston-cps.html   SATX is beginning to do a lot more intown now near downtown, south of it and north near the Pearl. 

As of a few weeks ago that one hadn't broke ground yet.  San Antonio is getting a massive amount of development which is not surprising since it's one of the fastest growing large cities in the U.S.  But the development is virtually all low and mid-rises, so it's not getting a lot of attention. 

1 person likes this