Rivers Edge at Berkeley

vdogg

• 1 month later...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This development just got approved by the city this week, each building is supposed to be 8 stories ( although it doesn't seem like it)

These are the new renderings

The developer also stated that in today's market nobody is financing 30 story condominium towers. So Norfolk's only hope is luxury apartment towers if one is ever to happen.

large.57c0aa39ab221_riversedge1.PNGlarge.57c0aa3b09073_riversedge2.PNGlarge.57c0aa3c61177_riversedge3.PNGlarge.57c0aa404cc53_riversedge4.PNGlarge.57c0aa4338dde_riversedge5.PNGlarge.57c0aa44b02ec_riversedge6.PNGlarge.57c0aa4619041_riversedge7.PNGlarge.57c0aa477bcd8_riversedge8.PNGlarge.57c0aa492cf0d_riversedge9.PNGlarge.57c0aa4a78fec_riversedge10.PNG 

Not to mention, the physical location. I would not want to live directly next to the 264, 464, downtown tunnel intersections. Also, the way the buildings are positioned, not much in views. If they faced downtown Norfolk, you would still have the traffic view.... The views now are basically the cruddy tugboat and barge yards.

These should be built on the water front at Fort Norfolk.

I've said for a while now that I'd like to see some stuff over near Harbor Park. This would go well there IMO, although you don't necessarily have spectacular views of the water there either. Fort Norfolk would be great.

The design is okay.

7 hours ago, Brennen said:

I think pending economic conditions, they could still put a highrise in the parcel, would have the change the 3 buildings and put a parking deck in the middle, but it's doable. But this would be 10-20 years down the road probably.  

On 8/26/2016 at 8:08 PM, NFKjeff said:

I think this is a decent development for it's location. I would be very disappointed with a development such as this in Fort Norfolk. I think that area is prime real eatate and should be developed with more density, and a bit more quality than this project appears to offer.

This looks similar to the density that they have over at the places at the foot of the Granby Street bridge. Personally, I would love to see something at least this dense in Fort Norfolk because all it is now is a few buildings and tons of parking lots. I have a feeling not too much will change over there in the next 5-10 years either. 

Archived