Broadstone Gulch, 14-stories, 238 apts, 4,000 sq. ft. of retail

markhollin

Alliance Residential Co. announces more details and some new renderings for the Broadstone Gulch, a 14-story, 238 apartment, 4,000 sq. ft. of retail building announced for a nearly 1-acre site at 777 8th Avenue South (at SW corner of 8th Ave. South and Division and butting up against I-40) at the former CarQuest Auto Parts location. The new look has a bit more glass on the front entrance (Division) side, and more white trim on the freeway side.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2016/07/14/first-look-phoenix-developer-pursues-gulch.html

Looking SW towards corner of 8th Ave. South and Division Street:

Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 5.18.08 PM.png

Looking NW at backside of the building from intersection of I-40/65 and I-65:

Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 5.18.33 PM.png

Close-up of SW corner of Division Street and 8th Ave. South at main entrance:

Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 5.18.46 PM.png

Looking further to the SW along Division Street at retail components from near 8th Ave. South intersection:

Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 5.19.01 PM.png

Here is the first announcement about the project in May, 2016, along with two initial renderings:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/05/04/first-look-14-story-8th-division-tower-planned-gulch/83929242/

This is the front side facing Division Street:

Alliance Broadstone Gulch render 1, May, 2016.JPG

This is the side facing the freeway:

Alliance Broadstone Gulch render 2, May, 2016.JPG

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

It's official: Alliance Residential finishes purchase of the CarQuest lot at SW corner of 8 South and Division (nearly an acre) for $5.15 million. I would think demo and core drilling should begin in the near future.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/marketplace/real-estate/2016/08/31/gulchs-carquest-site-sold-high-rise-apartment-project/89672732/

• Like 4

Really like the way they incorporated the parking garage into the design. The lower levels of this project are going to be very noticeable from I40, even more so than 1212 or Eakin Partners (with their crap generic concrete garages that jut out at the base). The brick facade with trees lining I-40 will draw attention towards the apartments rather than the parking.  

• Like 2

I think this is perfect for that site.  Can't wait to see it going up and to see what else will go up along the Division extension over the next couple of years.  Oh, and the skyline views from the top few floors of this place will be some of the best in the city.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From today's Nashville Post:

Phoenix-based developer Alliance Residential Co. has landed a permit for its mixed-use building now under construction in The Gulch. The permit is valued at $23 million and will cover construction of the building’s shell. Tentatively to be called Broadstone South Gulch, the building is rising at a site with an address of 803 Division St.

The 14-story midrise will anchor the southwest corner of the intersection of Eighth Avenue South and Division. It will include 225 apartments and 4,000 square feet of retail space, as well as 300 parking spaces. Atlanta-based The Preston Partnership is serving as architect.

Alliance will soon complete its 276-unit Broadstone Germantown and recently started its 328-unit Broadstone 8 South apartment building on Eighth Avenue South in Melrose.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...