Broadstone Gulch, 14-stories, 238 apts, 4,000 sq. ft. of retail

markhollin

On 9/25/2018 at 9:34 AM, Mr_Bond said:

Last week I had coffee with a guy who just moved into Broadstone Gulch.  He's got nice views of downtown and works in The Gulch.  He's only been here a few weeks but he loves it.

I moved in mid September and I'm super happy with the unit and my view in particular. I also concur that the backside is ugly as hell, it is tragic anyone has to see that coming down 8th towards downtown.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bhibbs said:

exactly my thoughts....I hate the backside of it.

Fewer windows keeps the traffic noise down (a little) for the residents.  Also, the pool is on the south side of the building to maximize the sun's warmth, and that side faces the interstate.  The north side faces downtown and has many more windows.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

Fewer windows keeps the traffic noise down (a little) for the residents.  Also, the pool is on the south side of the building to maximize the sun's warmth, and that side faces the interstate.  The north side faces downtown and has many more windows.

I am sure there are many reasons why it's so ugly....just a shame it has to look so ugly.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

@Leif, do you know if trees could be planted between the building and the interstate?

I'd guess even if they could, which @smeagolsfree is probably correct in that they can't, it'd make for a nicer homeless enclave and they wouldn't do it for that reason.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Views from the innerbelt.

The Vantage (Dinerstein's 10 story residential complex) will block a lot of the view in the next year or two at to the left of this shot. Looking NE from I-40/65 between 12th Ave. South and 8th Ave. South:

Broadstone Gulch, Sept 9, 2019, 1.jpg

The plan is for foliage to eventually cover block the view of the parking pedestal. Looking north from I-40/65 from just west of 8th Ae. South:

Broadstone Gulch, Sept 9, 2019, 2.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Broadstone Gulch has been sold by alliance Residential Company to Security Properties for $80.7 million.  The land and cost of construction had been $41 million in 2017-18.  The price per unit comes out to $340,000, a new record for a residential building in Nashville.

More behind theNashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/article/21107620/gulch-building-sells-for-807m

• Like 4

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
19 hours ago, markhollin said:

Denver-based breakfast restaurant chain Snooze An A.M. Eatery will open a 4,000 sq. ft. location inside the ground level of Crossroads at The Gulch (formerly Broadstone Gulch). A permit is valued at $1.4 million has been issued. Interior design is being handled by Zebra.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/gulch-eyed-for-denver-breakfast-chain/article_115ccf9e-a7ec-11ed-b5da-3b2213082aee.html

Oh man, this is a big get. Great restaurant for the diabeetus

• Like 2

• 5 months later...