Broadstone Gulch, 14-stories, 238 apts, 4,000 sq. ft. of retail

markhollin

12 minutes ago, bigeasy said:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore at the cost to live here, but these units certainly are pricey. 

• Studio at 506 sq ft is about $1,600
  • Top floor facing the interstate for a  2 bd at 1,630 sq ft is $5,966 a month.....yes you read that right. 
  • Or you can get the 2 BD 1,066sqft on just the 6th floor facing downtown for a reasonable $2,745

I am guessing you can also get two months free rent right now too

3 hours ago, bigeasy said:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore at the cost to live here, but these units certainly are pricey. 

• Studio at 506 sq ft is about $1,600
  • Top floor facing the interstate for a  2 bd at 1,630 sq ft is $5,966 a month.....yes you read that right. 
  • Or you can get the 2 BD 1,066sqft on just the 6th floor facing downtown for a reasonable $2,745

That's nuts. The 2br 2ba 1000sqft 16th floor apartment I just left in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia was $2,500, and that's one of the most expensive housing markets in the country. Of course, I had the Metro 3 blocks away from, and a Whole Foods 2 blocks over, so you could fairly easily go car free, which would make the cost of living significantly lower. And now my 4br 3ba house in a 17th century building in the UK is £1,300.  I can't imagine paying almost $3,000 for that place.

Edited by Nathan_in_the_UK
  • Like 2

These prices really surprise me, considering the lack of views AND amenities around that building: Noisy interstate on one side, future high-rise construction project on another, hot chicken joint on another, and a bar/grill and a liquor store on another. Not exactly a primo location. Seems that their primary clientele would be wealthy homebodies who enjoy liquor and occasional chicken.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jamie Hall said:

These prices really surprise me, considering the lack of views AND amenities around that building: Noisy interstate on one side, future high-rise construction project on another, hot chicken joint on another, and a bar/grill and a liquor store on another. Not exactly a primo location. Seems that their primary clientele would be wealthy homebodies who enjoy liquor and occasional chicken.

Comparatively though if you want to be in the Gulch the cheapest thing (unless you qualify for Laurel House and even then I think it has a wait) is a studio in Velocity for ~$1300.  The one bed I rented last year on the east side was $1400 then, I think$1500 now and that building was made of pop-sickle sticks and prayers. They're expensive but they aren't real out of line with any other new construction.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jamie Hall said:

Not sure how it should be tracking this far into construction, nor how up to date the website is, but there are def tons of vacancies still showing. I counted 243 total units (about 28 per floor), and only 62 show as no longer available. Top 2 floors account for 44 of the 62. The rest of the floors are at about 93% vacancy. But like I mentioned, maybe it is still really early in the leasing stage since work is still being done.

Not sure how it should be tracking this far into construction, nor how up to date the website is, but there are def tons of vacancies still showing. I counted 243 total units (about 28 per floor), and only 62 show as no longer available. Top 2 floors account for 44 of the 62. The rest of the floors are at about 93% vacancy. But like I mentioned, maybe it is still really early in the leasing stage since work is still being done.

Hint: easy way to find this info is to search property assessor website for the address. You can see what is sold and at what price.

Ps:Address is 515 church 

Edited by samsonh
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, thenorthchannel said:

I imagine most of units not available are being held for Stay Alfred or Airbnb.

19 hours ago, samsonh said:

Hint: easy way to find this info is to search property assessor website for the address. You can see what is sold and at what price.

Ps:Address is 515 church 

22 hours ago, bigeasy said:

Are we talking about Broadstone or 505?

1 minute ago, thenorthchannel said:

I was talking about Broadstone.    I realize now, that the others were talking about 505.   Apologies for confusion.

I've inquired about this specifically and been told it is all long term leases.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Renderings of public areas of Broadstone Gulch:

Broadstone Gulch, Sept 2018, interior render 8.jpg

That postcard background will probably be used for a lot of photos and selfies. Crazy idea, but it would've been nice if the tropical image had been an image of something more fitting for the location ... like, maybe, Nashville?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Exterior complete, and some units are already open inside.

Looking SW from intersection of Division and 8th Ave. South:

Broadstone Gulch, Sept 22, 2018, 1.jpg

Broadstone Gulch, Sept 22, 2018, 2.jpg

Looking west along Division from intersection at 8th Ave. South:

Broadstone Gulch, Sept 22, 2018, 3.jpg

Looking SW at corner slot being held for a restaurant at 8th Ave. South and Division:

Broadstone Gulch, Sept 22, 2018, 4.jpg

Looking east from R.J. Young parking lot:

Broadstone Gulch, Sept 22, 2018, 5.jpg

Views into the lobby area:

Broadstone Gulch, Sept 22, 2018, 6.jpg

Broadstone Gulch, Sept 22, 2018, 7.jpg

Broadstone Gulch, Sept 22, 2018, 8.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2018 at 5:09 PM, Pdt2f said:

From the interstate this looks like a Panama City beachfront condo building. I mean, it could be worse, but I’m looking forward to the day when that area reaches more of its potential and this one is less noticeable. 

exactly my thoughts....I hate the backside of it.