Jump to content

East Village


Recommended Posts

Now that the area east of I-30 and north of 9th street will be known as East Village I thought I would update what was under the topic "East Little Rock until it is renamed". Cromwell Architects is moving their headquarters to Shall and 6th into a 50,000 square foot warehouse. They plan to add an additional 20,000 square feet. Their plans include their offices, restaurants and loft space.  Redevelopment is planned to start in September.

ZYVjes.jpg

 

Across Shall Street Rock Town Distillery will be leaving for a new location a few blocks away. eStem Charter School has completed the purchase of a building also on the west side of Shall for a new school.  Cromwell has also purchased the building on 6th next to where Rock Town is now located.

The area is also home to two local breweries, Lost 40 and Rebel Kettle.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

  • 2 weeks later...

Plans are in the works for a mixed-use development containing between 75-80 apartment units as well as retail/office space. The property for the development sits on the east side of I-30 between East Capitol and 4th. It will be know as the Artisan On Collins. The developer recently purchased MacArthur Commons from MT.  This projects will only be a few blocks west of Cromwell's redevelopment at 6th and Shall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/2/2016 at 11:05 AM, skirby said:

Cromwell Architects have announced a "wallbreaking ceremony"  for their new headquarters on December 16, 2016.  Next Fall should see the completion of the project which will include their office space, lofts, restaurant, retail space and  a community room.

The "wallbreaking" was held and the project will be known as the Paint Factory.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2016 at 9:09 AM, skirby said:

Plans are in the works for a mixed-use development containing between 75-80 apartment units as well as retail/office space. The property for the development sits on the east side of I-30 between East Capitol and 4th. It will be know as the Artisan On Collins. The developer recently purchased MacArthur Commons from MT.  This projects will only be a few blocks west of Cromwell's redevelopment at 6th and Shall.

It's no groundbreaking, but Arkansas Business does have news of the sale for the proposed building site in this week's edition, in its "Real Deals" column. The block is bounded by Rector on the west, 4th on the north, Capitol on the south, and Collins on the east, and sold for $1.7 million.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2017 at 11:48 AM, skirby said:

Shall Street is closed so work can continue on the Paint Factory at the end of the street.

Je8NaY.jpg

The construction fence at the right in the above picture is for the eStem school.

The building on the left, Ace Glass, containing 31,000 sq. ft. has been sold to a group of developers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2017 at 0:28 PM, ArkansasTraveler said:

It's no groundbreaking, but Arkansas Business does have news of the sale for the proposed building site in this week's edition, in its "Real Deals" column. The block is bounded by Rector on the west, 4th on the north, Capitol on the south, and Collins on the east, and sold for $1.7 million.

Looks like half of this block has been sold for the development of a new hotel. The block was purchased for the construction of the Artisan On Collins. Construction on the Artisan was upheld to see what the final plans for the widening of I-30 and how much property the highway department would take.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/28/2017 at 3:39 PM, skirby said:

Looks like half of this block has been sold for the development of a new hotel. The block was purchased for the construction of the Artisan On Collins. Construction on the Artisan was upheld to see what the final plans for the widening of I-30 and how much property the highway department would take.

Arkansas Business reports the hotel project will be a 6 story 120 unit development. It will be interesting to see what brand this project will be and why the development price is so high, considering the soon to be open  Hilton Garden Inn, with 140 rooms, has a reported price of $12.5  million.

Also, the former owner of the above property has purchased three parcels of property located at Collins and 9th expanding his holding in East Village.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2017 at 11:58 AM, skirby said:

A plumbing permit for a restaurant to be located in The Paint Factory has been applied for. The permit is under the name of Moses Tucker Shall Street Restaurant. Does anyone know what the actual name and type of restaurant this will be?

Cathead's  Dinner will be opening up after the first of next year. Chef Donnie Ferneau will be overseeing this operation.

Edited by skirby
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

March 26th is the date for Cromwell to be relocated into the Paint Factory. Leasing in going on for 12 Star Flats at this time. Also, Cromwell has announced that an outdoor dinning area and craft beer garden is under construction at 1212 E. Sixth, it will be know as The Rail Yard. The building in which Rock Town Distillery will be vacating shortly will be redeveloped and MT expects to announce new occupants within the next few months.

Just east and on the riverfront the new Rock City Yacht Club will open phase I this summer and soon to follow construction will start for the Residents at Harbor Town. These apartments will consist of 176 units and should open in 2019.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update on projects in the area.

The building that housed Rock Town Distillery will soon be taken over by Rock Dental Brands and an unnamed coffee shop - roastery.  Over on the south side of Fourth between Rector and Collins Pinnacle Hotel Group plans to start construction of a Holiday Inn Express during the third quarter. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, skirby said:

Update on projects in the area.

The building that housed Rock Town Distillery will soon be taken over by Rock Dental Brands and an unnamed coffee shop - roastery.  Over on the south side of Fourth between Rector and Collins Pinnacle Hotel Group plans to start construction of a Holiday Inn Express during the third quarter. 

I wonder what going to happen to Rock Dental’s current HQ on Clinton Ave.?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

It's not quite East Village but there was a report today that Rebel Kettle will be taking over a warehouse on E. 17th Street where it will be brewing and canning beer.  The warehouse will enable Rebel Kettle to make up to 50,000 barrels of beer if they chose.  The now-existing brewery and restaurant will continue as is.

Good for Rebel Kettle! 

Rebel Kettle Expands

Edited by Arkanzin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.