Peabody Union (27 story residential, 354 units, 251,000 sq. ft. office, 50,000 sq. ft. retail), Peabody Plaza (9-story, 280,000 sq. ft. office), & 4 smaller buildings, MDHA Trolley Barn sites

markhollin

2 minutes ago, VSRJ said:

This may be a dumb question, but is that any indication of a possible downtown Apple location? I would much rather go downtown than the cluster that is Green Hills.

That's a good idea, I think Apple has to be looking around for another store in the area sooner rather than later. Downtown would be a hell of a location, or River North, depending on what that ends up being.

Imagine the crowd in that place, early morning tourists getting screens replaced after a night of broadway. A coffee shop across from that place would make for some great people watching.:tw_glasses:

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, VSRJ said:

This may be a dumb question, but is that any indication of a possible downtown Apple location? I would much rather go downtown than the cluster that is Green Hills.

Or you could go to Simply Mac at the 65 Wedgewood exit-park at the door! :tw_glasses:

apple authorized sales and service-and no snooty Genius Bar types

• Like 4

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Ray Hensler's residential tower will now be 25 stories (instead of 20) on Lot K of the Trolley Barns site. May not break ground until 2020 due to a 322 capacity garage at the back of the Trolley Barns site (I believe the southern tip of the site just east of the Ryman Lofts) that needs to be built first.

This is a new rendering.  Looks like the retailers are going to front KVB now, and the tower will be set back on the lot, facing the river (?).  I do like the angle shift on the tower and the recessed balconies.  Much improved over the drive-in movie screen look of the old render (although, to be fair, that may have been more of a massing render than actual finished concept being proposed last year).

So much better!! And I agree; I always figured that previous big white blob was just a massing placeholder until they worked out the full final design.

48 minutes ago, henburg said:

I actually really like that rendering. They're clearly going for a modern industrial aesthetic and I think that it actually works really well here. They should make another tower just like it to block Eakin's monstrosity next door. 

When I met with Joe Cain of MDHA about 18 months ago, he told me that the lot on the corner of KVB and Hermitage (currently a surface lot for Asurion employees) is being held for an eventual 30 story structure.  Hence, the 9 story Eakin box will be blocked from view from the north and the east, and primarily only seen when traveling along Hermitage Ave.  

Hopefully we'll get at least a 30 story (please, please, please be 35-40!) tower on the opposing corner (SW of KVB/Hermitage) for something magnificent.  The massive One World Hotel (40 stories, 829 rooms) has been proposed---but those developers seem in over their head. 

These two corners are going to be HOT keystone type properties in central Nashville's long term development.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, markhollin said:

When I met with Joe Cain of MDHA about 18 months ago, he told me that the lot on the corner of KVB and Hermitage (currently a surface lot for Asurion employees) is being held for an eventual be 30 story structure.  Hence, the 9 story Eakin box will be blocked from view from the north and the east, and primarily only seem when traveling along Hermitage Ave.  

Hopefully we'll get at least a 30 story (please, please, please be 35-40!) tower on the opposing corner (SW of KVB/Hermitage) for something magnificent.  The massive One World Hotel (40 stories, 829 rooms) has been proposed---but those developers seem in over their head. 

These two corners are going to be HOT keystone type properties in central Nashville's long term development.  

^^^ We won't need it in 2021.  ;)

• Like 1

Like this a lot. Looks like lots of shopping. I have one problem with it. Those huge power lines and if they remain will there be enough room  to get equipment in there to work on them when needed with out destroying the landscaping and walkway.  Other than that, I’ll keep my fingers crossed  that it gets built at current height. I also count 26 floors if the space between the pedestal and tower counts as a floor. 

Edited by Buildtall
  • Like 2