Peabody Union (27 story residential, 354 units, 251,000 sq. ft. office, 50,000 sq. ft. retail), Peabody Plaza (9-story, 280,000 sq. ft. office), & 4 smaller buildings, MDHA Trolley Barn sites

markhollin

Yeah, except THIS does not say to me walkable neighborhood or resemble the "next Gulch" in any way.      The office park design lacks street front retail and pedestrian interaction.  Look at the large retaining wall abutting the sidewalk on the left.     Eakin describes the attractions of the neighborhood, yet his proposal doesn't contribute to it.   

636402154726375282-Eakinnewmain.JPG&key=2a2f642faa6bfca4df0b7a8229ce80aad899c8f2c7dda8e1a251882bceb53697

Wow. That is one hideous design.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Deadline for Eakin extended a few more weeks. The latest delay could be related to MDHA working towards providing alternative parking for office and retail tenants of the Trolley Barns office-retail complex at Rolling Mill Hill that use the parking lot site that the Eakin-led group plans to redevelop. 

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/10/31/eakin-led-groups-purchase-rolling-mill-hill-site-extended-nov-22/818047001/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

The guy pays $100K for an extension on the MDHA lot rather than pay 2-4 months interest on a bridge loan? Say what? Sorry... not exactly my line of work, but if that statement was given, it seems to be a cover for some other reason. I'm always suspicious... I'm an attorney. 

You are almost always dead on ML. Thanks for your insight and posting on the board. In this case, I am with you. Nashville is stilll open to back room deals.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Eakin closed on the property to build his suburban-style office building downtown. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20989135/eakin-closes-on-94m-purchase-of-rmh-site

Nashville-based developer Eakin Partners closed today on the $9.4 million purchase of Rolling Mill Hill property on which it plans to break ground in March on a nine-story mixed-use building.

A mid-2020 completion is slated, according to info Eakin Partners emailed the Post.

The seller was the Metro Development and Housing Agency.

The Class A building, originally planned for five floors, will have a provisional address of 0 Peabody St. It will span about 1.2 million square feet.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/19/2018 at 8:41 PM, bmkTN said:

I just want them to get this building done as quickly as possible so we can start finding out more about the (hopefully) much more interesting Hensler part of the project.  I still at least have sorta kinda high-ish hopes for that aspect of it.

I too am afraid it will be very bland (from an exterior facade & structure point of view). Think 1212, the units themselves are very nice but the building from outside isn't jaw dropping. 

Hensler now planning a 25 story residential tower instead of a 20 story tower. Construction would not start until after MDHA builds a 322 space parking garage behind the current Trolley Barns. 

Hensler would then have 90 to close on the property which he will now pay more for to get the 25 stories.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/01/29/hensler-now-plans-taller-high-rise-near-trolley.html

• Like 2