Peabody Union (27 story residential, 354 units, 251,000 sq. ft. office, 50,000 sq. ft. retail), Peabody Plaza (9-story, 280,000 sq. ft. office), & 4 smaller buildings, MDHA Trolley Barn sites

markhollin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

3rd level of underground garage complete.

Looking NW from intersection of Hermitage Ave. and Lea Ave:

Peabody Plaza Eakin, Dec 16, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking north from intersection of Hermitage Ave. and Lea Ave:

Peabody Plaza Eakin, Dec 16, 2018, 2.jpg

Looking south from intersection of  Peabody St. and Hermitage Ave:

Peabody Plaza Eakin, Dec 16, 2018, 3.jpg

Looking SE from intersection of  Peabody St. and Hermitage Ave: 

Peabody Plaza Eakin, Dec 16, 2018, 4.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

I wonder if that is an underground leak. I didn't think it had rained that much lately.

Are you suggesting there is a spring there?  Can we get the property declared as wetlands so that hideously designed building won't mar our skyline?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, wreynol4 said:

Do we think there is a strong chance Baker Donelson ends up here?  I hope not, I was looking forward to new KVB tower with their signage on it, not on some low rise building. 

Here (Peabody Plaza) or 1221 Demonbreun are probably the most likely candidates. If time is a factor, then Capitol View or one of the Music Row buildings (not likely). If time is not a factor, then BroadWest

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:44 AM, wreynol4 said:

Do we think there is a strong chance Baker Donelson ends up here?  I hope not, I was looking forward to new KVB tower with their signage on it, not on some low rise building. 

My money is here as this project is farther along than any of the other office projects with maybe the exception of Fifth + Broad. There is still space left there and there is still space left in the office building in the N Gulch that Health Streams is going into. I am not sure that would be where they want to be or how much space they need and if they want naming rights on a building.

The building Endeavor is doing is still a good ways off and is a possibility. I think B&D lease is up in 2020 so several of these could be options. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

John Eakin says that they are a month ahead of timetables set for the completion of the 9 story office building, which he now believes will be June 1, 2020.  By this May he expects to be topped-out.  To date, no tenants have been announced yet. 

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/01/25/scorecard-a-year-ago-eakin-bought-land-for-his.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...