Peabody Union (27 story residential, 354 units, 251,000 sq. ft. office, 50,000 sq. ft. retail), Peabody Plaza (9-story, 280,000 sq. ft. office), & 4 smaller buildings, MDHA Trolley Barn sites

markhollin

I like the exterior, it doefintely could be much taller like @MLBrumby said, downtown is not freaking a Maryland farms. That is definitely a building that will not survive the next big wave of redevelopment when developers are looking for space to put another tall one.  

That video work is impressive. Except for the people walking haha. 

4 minutes ago, Jarno said:

So will the 26 story building be on the lot in front of this (between it and downtown)? 

As Smeagolsfree stated, it is on the piece of land to the NE, hugging the river and KVB bridge.  The lot to the NW (which is on the corner of KVB and Hermitage), will be the final piece of the puzzle, and won't be sold until the Hensler project is complete so that all of the underground parking at Eakin and Hensler are fully active to help replace the surface lot at KVB/Hermitage.  MDHA has said that the corner lot will most likely be sold to a developer who wants to put a 30+ story tower there.   I'm thinking we'll need to wait at least a year before we hear who might win that bid.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Some new renderings of Peabody Plaza:

Peabody Plaza, Mar 21, 2019, render 10.png

it’s frustating to know that some of the proposals looked just like another Sobro skyline, but on rolling mill hill.

I do remind myself that if those proposals were accepted, I doubt they’d be under construction right now, or they’d come to full fruition. 

I do however think Hensler’s building will look great and truly stretch the skyline south. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...