Peabody Union (27 story residential, 354 units, 251,000 sq. ft. office, 50,000 sq. ft. retail), Peabody Plaza (9-story, 280,000 sq. ft. office), & 4 smaller buildings, MDHA Trolley Barn sites

markhollin

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:00 AM, Bos2Nash said:

People have been complaining about the height of this building a ton, but honestly, I think it is going to mass very well here. The hill is going to provide a very different experience all the way around the building and the presence of the building will be very nice.

That being said, it still sucks they wont activate hermitage st. at all!

Some people in the area probably are saying its too tall.

• 2 weeks later...

Again, the comes from the garbage that was allowed when Rick Bernhardt was in charge of Planning when everything was to be stair stepped from the river, allowing two homes to be built on lots that just had one, thus the tall and skinny's and front and back homes that most every resident in those neighborhoods hated. It also goes back to the mess that the MDHA allowed to happen with the strict guidelines that were set in place not to mention every time the administration changed, it seemed as if there were a new set of rules, because a new set of people were placed on the committees that make the decisions.

Yes its a mess and now that things are changing so rapidly, the guidelines cant be written fast enough or they just are not enforced because codes is understaffed and overworked.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On Tuesday the MDHA Review Committee approved some modifications for Hensler/Stiles' 32-story apartment tower on the Trolley Barns site. There will be one more design review committee approval needed for the project, to be called Peabody Union.

More at the Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21085208/mdha-committee-oks-riverfront-tower-modifications

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I think the ears of the members of the MDHA committee have been burning so long from the criticisms from this board they gave up the ghost and allowed the height. You guys know I am kidding, but if it were only true.

Maybe the nasty email I sent to MDHA when Hensler "won" the design "competition" did the trick! (I'll just keep telling myself that)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2