Peabody Union (27 story residential, 354 units, 251,000 sq. ft. office, 50,000 sq. ft. retail), Peabody Plaza (9-story, 280,000 sq. ft. office), & 4 smaller buildings, MDHA Trolley Barn sites

markhollin

4 minutes ago, OnePointEast said:

Thanks. What's the process on it? Do they have to wait for the Eakin office tower to be complete before they start on the residential or is just a certain timeline they decided to act upon?

Thanks a lot, @smeagolsfree.

Asurion uses the parking lots up there, so they likely need the garage in Peabody open before they can start construction on those lots. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One of the captions on the NBJ site specifically mentions that the windows are single pane. YIKES!
I know single pane is cheaper and this is being built on spec but... with the Ascend amphitheater right there pointing speakers and subwoofers straight at it, this will be a nightmare for the office tenants during the summer. It's not just concerts at night for people working late, there are sound checks during the day that are also very loud.
222 specifically double paned the front of that building because of the amphitheater and it apparently works well, but I have a friend who works on the back of the building where the windows are only single pane and he can hear the pedal taverns 23 stories up and the amphitheater sound that bounces off of the other buildings. 
Also, I can clearly hear the bass of most concerts inside my apartment which is further away and has a few buildings between it and Ascend PLUS my windows are double paned glass.

That’s just bad information. The building wouldn’t pass the energy code. Looking at the installation photos that glass is definitely insulated.

222 has laminated glazing on the Ascend side. Standard insulated glass elsewhere.
  • Like 3

On 10/25/2019 at 12:30 PM, titanhog said:

And...how long until the old Asurion building is knocked down and something tall built at the corner of KVB and 1st Ave? :tw_love:

I have already been think about this. I think Michael Hayes will want to get his big lot developed first. My guess is if he did redevelop that block is that he would take down everything on the block except the SW building that was expanded in 2010. There was additional floor added to the building plus it was renovated.

But, only Michael Hayes could answer this and I doubt he is ready to comment on something that far in advance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

About 20 more floors and that would be a REAL looker! :D

56 minutes ago, markhollin said:

About 65% of windows installed.  This is one of the rare cases where the actuality is better than the renderings.  

Looking SW from intersection of Hermitage Ave and Peabody St:

Peabody Plaza, Nov 23, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking SW from intersection of Lea Ave. and Peabody St:

Peabody Plaza, Nov 23, 2019, 2.jpg

Looking west from Lea Ave., 1/4 block north of Hermitage Ave:

Peabody Plaza, Nov 23, 2019, 3.jpg

Looking NW from  intersection of Hermitage Ave. and Lea Ave:

Peabody Plaza, Nov 23, 2019, 4.jpg

bump