Peabody Union (27 story residential, 354 units, 251,000 sq. ft. office, 50,000 sq. ft. retail), Peabody Plaza (9-story, 280,000 sq. ft. office), & 4 smaller buildings, MDHA Trolley Barn sites

markhollin

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

The NBJ article appears to be a subtle slam against the projects and comparisons of the office building made to Cool Springs buildings.

Adam has to be careful as all media folks, but I hope there is an uproar of public opposition to the project.

As far as MDHA goes, the D needs to be removed and their power taken away as far as development goes. The Metro Planning department needs to be put in charge  of development issues. This is a left over from last century and needs to change very soon.

I'm looking forward to that article being made public!

12 hours ago, bmkTN said:

MDHA is totally publicly funded, right? If what Getahn reported is correct, they're flushing millions down the toilet by taking an inferior monetary offer for the properties.  To make matters worse, they're then awarding it to developers who have made it well known that they then plan on turning around and asking for public assistance for their (relatively) cheap proposal. This all seems highly scandalous to me and something every resident of Nashville should be furious about.

I think they probably doubted the financial viability of the $50 million dollar offer.

• Like 3

We're talking about the g'ment. I know there are many different faces of g'ment within our nation, but I can't help but think that, for the most part, they look at us as the unwashed masses who don't know our arse from a whole in the ground and we need to have our decisions made for us. They've become very, very disconnected from us ordinary citizens.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Philip said:

We're talking about the g'ment. I know there are many different faces of g'ment within our nation, but I can't help but think that, for the most part, they look at us as the unwashed masses who don't know our arse from a whole in the ground and we need to have our decisions made for us. They've become very, very disconnected from us ordinary citizens.

What is a g'ment? 

Just now, Philip said:

Blame my parents for that one. But they were correct since Philip is Greek for lover of horses and it's spelled with one Lambda. Phi Iota Lambda Iota Pi Pi Omicron Sigma if you must know.

I was just kidding. My name happens to be Phillip spelled with two. I will cease derailing this important thread. This project sucks! (Actually, I'm indifferent, I just thought that response was expected)

MDHA wants that land developed. They believe the Hensler and Eakin projects are most likely to get FUNDED and BUILT. They can see those proposals have the best chance of happening.

MDHA does not want those lots to go undeveloped because the developer can't get funding. With a condo tower, five apartment towers, and two office towers in the works for downtown, a developer will find it even harder than it already is to get funding for any sort of tower from the banks. What are the odds the other proposed multi tower projects could get funding.

On top of that who knows if Nashville will still be the "I've got to move there" city next year, two years from now, etc. If another city replaces Nashville as the fad city before financing can occur then most likely those lots will sit empty for some time.

I'm glad the multi tower projects didn't get accepted. Nashville already has too many imbeciles moving to it in droves. Every tower that gets built makes the city look even more like a "happening place", which in turn brings even more morons to its confines.

Edited by Ingram