Peabody Union (27 story residential, 354 units, 251,000 sq. ft. office, 50,000 sq. ft. retail), Peabody Plaza (9-story, 280,000 sq. ft. office), & 4 smaller buildings, MDHA Trolley Barn sites

markhollin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, nashville born said:

Pardon the anal retentive nature of this comment.  Was it really necessary to use that giant signage to signify what that structure is?  That's hilarious to me.  

Tomorrow, we're using the same sized lettering and putting "BRIDGE" on Sigenthaler and KVB!

I'd still like to know why they built just a garage and didn’t actually build a garage with an office or residential building on top of it.  Seems like wasted space. (and yes…I’m sure it’s about some “height limit”). I’ve just always thought it was funny that they’d say “We can’t start on the new Hensler building (with a garage probably) until we build a garage for the cars on the site of the Hensler property."

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

MDHA leases out that lot to tenants of the Trolley Barns as well as Asurion. They(MDHA) rightfully replaced that parking before closing the lot. 

The location of the garage is in a weird spot next to the hill at the back of the site. A residential / office building would be kind of odd at that site. 

I hate it when people make sense with their comments. ;)

• Haha 4

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, markhollin said:

A grading permit has been applied for the Peabody Union project (32 stories and 6 stories).

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/notes-image-finalized-for-project-planned-for-one-city-area-site/article_c7d650a8-0106-11ec-8d9f-4bab5f60cf98.html

Why does the building in the headline of this article look so intensely long