Peabody Union (27 story residential, 354 units, 251,000 sq. ft. office, 50,000 sq. ft. retail), Peabody Plaza (9-story, 280,000 sq. ft. office), & 4 smaller buildings, MDHA Trolley Barn sites

markhollin

On 1/28/2022 at 3:17 PM, markhollin said:

Ray Hensler says he will finalize the $16 million purchase of the 4.47 acre Peabody Union site from MDHA by late February. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/images-released-for-soon-to-start-tower-overlooking-river/article_5053d85e-8066-11ec-966a-57b1734b6568.html

$16mm for 4.5 acres when 1 acre is going for more than that in today’s market. That seems almost criminal. 

• Like 2

On 1/29/2022 at 8:17 PM, nashvylle said:

$16mm for 4.5 acres when 1 acre is going for more than that in today’s market. That seems almost criminal. 

Agreed!! That appears to be incredibly  poor stewardship of (our) prime resources. Good thing our city doesn't need the money... :blink: Bureaucracy without accountability.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TheSound said:

Not totally sure, but I would guess that the land prices were agreed to 5 years ago, when Hensler and Eakin were chosen to develop these lots.  

Yep, absolutely that was agreed 5 years ago. That's the point.  So, no reasonable contract provision clause for market/price adjustment. Pretty sweet deal for the buyer (who I'm not blaming). I'll shut up now. Sorry.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Flatrock said:

Yep, absolutely that was agreed 5 years ago. That's the point.  So, no reasonable contract provision clause for market/price adjustment. Pretty sweet deal for the buyer (who I'm not blaming). I'll shut up now. Sorry.

Yeah, I hear your point. But in reality, if you paid 250,000 for your house 5 years ago and now the people you purchased it from want another 250,000 from you for market/ price adjustments, what would be your answer?

On 1/29/2022 at 8:17 PM, nashvylle said:

How? 

Apparently that's what the land was worth back in 2016/2017 when they made the deal.

Edited by Licec
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

Yeah, I hear your point. But in reality, if you paid 250,000 for your house 5 years ago and now the people you purchased it from want another 250,000 from you for market/ price adjustments, what would be your answer?

You usually move into your home after you purchase it... not five years later. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

@nashvylleresponded appropriately. Most of us don't get to put things under contract with a static strike price for 5 years - while we use our money for other things. A very sweet deal. Hope that makes sense, my friend. :thumbsup:

Love the project, though. New renderings look fantastic!

• Like 3