Peabody Union (27 story residential, 354 units, 251,000 sq. ft. office, 50,000 sq. ft. retail), Peabody Plaza (9-story, 280,000 sq. ft. office), & 4 smaller buildings, MDHA Trolley Barn sites

markhollin

1 hour ago, Flatrock said:

@nashvylleresponded appropriately. Most of us don't get to put things under contract with a static strike price for 5 years - while we use our money for other things. A very sweet deal. Hope that makes sense, my friend. :thumbsup:

Love the project, though. New renderings look fantastic!

Fair enough, points well taken. I’m sure there was some pocket padding going on somewhere. I’m still wondering why they picked this proposal over some of the others that were put out there. Some were stunning, but this is what’s going to be built.although  It’s going to look quite nice sitting in that spot. No worries friends , just conversations. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chris holman said:

Another rendering. This along with the other towers going up on the other side of City Lights will be a gamechanger 

30736d42-2447-44bc-b458-a1fc3b1512cf_Photo_2_large.jpg

SmartSelect_20220131-170616_Chrome.jpg

Is not that parking lot , on the corner of Hermitage and KVB going to be sold for development ? If so , that will just enhance this whole project 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Baronakim said:

Besides your personal opinion...why?   Do you have substantiation to support your statement?  Nashville is not Dubai.

There are plenty of negative things about Dubai, but I think Nashville could draw inspiration from Dubai in terms of being pro-growth and not being afraid to dream big and build tall.  There is a lot of noise made about buildings needing to be "in context" in Nashville.  I think most would agree that just about every building in Dubai is hella out of context, but that in-and-of-itself is the context of Dubai.  The only way to change the "context" in Nashville is by allowing new buildings that are out of context.  And the context needs to change, in my opinion.  Nashville needs to change and grow up; both figuratively and literally.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Armacing said:

There are plenty of negative things about Dubai, but I think Nashville could draw inspiration from Dubai in terms of being pro-growth and not being afraid to dream big and build tall.  There is a lot of noise made about buildings needing to be "in context" in Nashville.  I think most would agree that just about every building in Dubai is hella out of context, but that in-and-of-itself is the context of Dubai.  The only way to change the "context" in Nashville is by allowing new buildings that are out of context.  And the context needs to change, in my opinion.  Nashville needs to change and grow up; both figuratively and literally.

Your reply seems to have little to do with my question and expounding on  "context" is something I have heard little to any "noise" by members on this forum.  It seems to me you are dodging my question.  Also your preocupation with "Taller the better" is NEVER going to do an end run around the FAA, much as you would express any sound an fury about it.  Nashville is going to be limited to under 750 feet or so and that is that I am afraid.   As Ron commented, the large supply of land will most likely make building up to the FAA limits very seldomly desirable to deveopers.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

The FAA doesn't have an outright ban on any buildings. Studies are done and such. See my comment in another thread.

https://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/topic/53094-nashville-bits-and-pieces/?do=findComment&comment=1787055

"So you're telling me there's a chance!  Yeah!!!!!"    (for a tall boy one day!!!)

• Haha 4