Peabody Union (27 story residential, 354 units, 251,000 sq. ft. office, 50,000 sq. ft. retail), Peabody Plaza (9-story, 280,000 sq. ft. office), & 4 smaller buildings, MDHA Trolley Barn sites

markhollin

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, nashville born said:

Push some dirt!  Push some dirt!  Push some dirt!

Will believe this one is still a "go" when I see that. I referred to MDHA's botched selection of these developers in another thread.  While they picked Eakin to build a squatty box and Hensler to build his taller glass box (7 years ago!!!) other developers have seen opportunity to plan far more ambitious projects nearby.  I don't know if Hensler has built anything in the past 3 years, but this one is NOT looking good right now. Once again, I hope I'm wrong. 

1 minute ago, MLBrumby said:

Will believe this one is still a "go" when I see that. I referred to MDHA's botched selection of these developers in another thread.  While they picked Eakin to build a squatty box and Hensler to build his taller glass box (7 years ago!!!) other developers have seen opportunity to plan far more ambitious projects nearby.  I don't know if Hensler has built anything in the past 3 years, but this one is NOT looking good right now. Once again, I hope I'm wrong. 

You’re wrong

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Peabody Union update: markings along Peabody St.

Peabody Union, March 27, 2022, 1.jpeg

Peabody Union, March 27, 2022, 2.jpeg

Very hopeful here.  I ought to know the answer to my question here but must ask anyway:  Does this mean that construction is imminent/soon?  Paint wears off pretty fast. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • markhollin changed the title to Peabody Union (27 story residential, 354 units, 251,000 sq. ft. office, 33,000 sq. ft. retail), Peabody Plaza (9-story, 280,000 sq. ft. office), & 4 smaller buildings, $300 million, MDHA Trolley Barn sites
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, thenorthchannel said:

Per Nashville Parks the Cumberland River Greenway will be closed beginning Tuesday, May 10th between Peabody and KVB.  Looking forward to seeing this one get started. 

I figured that was inevitable with the construction.   I do hope the greenway will reopen/be rebuilt when Peabody Union opens.   

Now if we could just re-design the segment through Ascend so it would not have to remain permanently closed.      

• Like 4