Peabody Union (27 story residential, 354 units, 251,000 sq. ft. office, 50,000 sq. ft. retail), Peabody Plaza (9-story, 280,000 sq. ft. office), & 4 smaller buildings, MDHA Trolley Barn sites

markhollin

So we’ve gone from SoBro to LoDo(lower Downtown). 

1 minute ago, smeagolsfree said:

Well, that is new and the first I have heard of Rob Lowes project there. He is planning a project for a something long term. Time to reach out to him. Last time WW reached out to him was a little before the end of the year when there were markings on the property corners, and he said there was nothing planned yet. I guess he sort of didn't know these things get released in the mix when you mention stuff to Metro!

It honestly looks like a placeholder. It looks like they copied the Tishman Speyer placeholder over that lot, as well as the CB Ragland lot. 

@titanhog Google maps shows the Bode as an existing small either residential or hotel type structure.  Perhaps they're speculating on the lot's future development.   Hopefully, the same goes for the Lot J item.  I'm with you on this massing depiction.  Clearly they weren't too concerned with accuracy.  I hope Lot J is a LOT taller.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

Starting to get a bit of depth in excavation.

Looking north from patio of Peabody Union:

Peabody Union, June 5, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking NE from intersection of Peabody St. and Lea Ave:

Peabody Union, June 5, 2022, 2.jpeg

Looking north from intersection of Peabody St. and Lea Ave:

Peabody Union, June 5, 2022, 3.jpeg

Looking north from Peabody St., just east of Crockett St:

Peabody Union, June 5, 2022, 4.jpeg

Are they going down for a multi level parking garage?

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

The price of delaying this one by 4 years… yikes!

Happy it's still a "go," despite the big increase! Speaks to how good of an investment building highly visible, large-scale skyscraper developments in Nashville really is. 

If this development was in a lukewarm market, and considering the looming chatter of a "recession," it would no doubt be shelved for "better economic conditions" is my guess. 

Thankfully, Nashville is red hot and is one of the best markets in the US right now to build and invest in. 

Edited by jjbradleyBrooklyn
  • Like 4